Nov 12, 2018
Job Title: Supply Chain Coordinator
Job Status: Exempt Salary
Job Shift: Mon – Thu, 6:30am – 4:00pm – Friday, 6:30am – 10:30am
Reports to: General Manager
Position Supervised: General Laborers
JOB SUMMARY: We are looking for hard-working people who are ready to accept the big responsibilities that come with this position. This position requires proper scheduling of all work to be done, and the deadlines should always be met. Position is involved with the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes. Supervisor reporting directly to the General Manager, involved in the pre-production (planning) stage as well as the production (control and supervision) stage. You will directly supervise and coordinate activities of production staff and determine work schedules based on customer orders, availability of raw materials and production capacity. You will be responsible to coordinate with Sales to ensure production materials are available and adjust the schedule when necessary. Ensure increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials and machines.
The primary duty of this position is to conduct the production activities of the Plant. However, this position must also participate with the General Manager & Asst. General Manager in the overall administration of the plant. This position involves some who is strong in leadership, training, organization of personnel, planning for current and future production requirements, implanting plans, checking on progress and help accomplish over all company goals.
An employee in this position must focus on customers' expectations, demonstrate pro-active mind set toward preventing problems, and strive for continuous improvement resulting in improved results for themselves, customers and other employees. Understands priorities, is self-motivated, productive, resourceful, and follows through on work. Has demonstrated quality, teamwork, leadership, and a positive attitude. Demonstrates continued expansion of job-related knowledge and skills.
* Daily oversight, leadership, supervision and training of a team of general laborers and coordinating fork-lift operations.
* Review customer orders and schedule all activities that concern customer orders and shipments – from inventory and/or daily production activities.
* Communicate and work with General Manager on any priority projects or problems, such as employee issues and complaints, etc.
* Ensure goods and services are produced efficiently and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost and level of quality.
* Provide effective communications, coaching, training, and development recommend motivational plans and allocate tasks to employees.
* Ensure timely delivery of goods to customers, etc.
* Coordinate and expedite other repair/assembly operations with production control and other plant supervisors.
* Ensure compliance with standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
* Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programs and performs quality control functions, ensuring manufactured products are up to the mark.
* Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed, bring problems to the attention of the General Manager.
* Regularly communicate with maintenance staff about repair and maintenance needs on all major pieces of equipment on assigned jobs.
* Log completed works and prepare necessary documentation.
* On-call responsibilities (during off-duty hours) for alarm responses, building issues or emergencies, etc.
* Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and/or protocols.
* Ensure all health & safety guidelines in the manufacturing process are being followed by employees, and work environment is clean and safe.
* Perform related duties as required.
* HS Diploma/GED with minimum one to two years of related skill, knowledge or experience in industry or related field.
o Experience and training must include methods, techniques, equipment and hands-on experience in a supervisory position.
* AA or Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
o 4+ years of manufacturing experience, i.e., pallet manufacturing environments.
o Experience with pallet/skid building/rebuilding, crating, heat treating and/or advanced composite materials.
o Advanced mechanical skills a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Experience with, or demonstrated ability to learn, manufacturing safety processes/procedures.
* In concert with General Manager, must be able to plan, allocate resources, manage production and coordinate people & equipment.
* Basic knowledge of or ability to develop job-related competencies, including equal opportunity and affirmative action principles and procedures for employment actions such as hiring, training and labor relations.
* Strong coordination, time management, active listening, oral and written expression and comprehension, critical thinking and reasoning skills. Ability to stay on top of production schedules.
* Ability to exercise good judgment when carrying out duties and to maintain good working relationships with the public and fellow employees.
* Ability to work with a wide diversity of individuals.
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment & work in team setting.
* 10% Travel is expected for this position.
* Must have reliable transportation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. Position requires a great deal of stretching and bending, often in awkward positions, and the ability to lift 75 pounds regularly. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday. Full range of body motions, to include handling and lifting of pallets, equipment, etc. Position operates power tools/equipment and/or hand tools. Good eye-hand-foot coordination, balance and ability to judge distance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. Duties, responsibilities or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
***PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE COMPANY REGARDING THIS POSTING***
Job Type: Full-time
Shop Foreman: 2 years (Preferred)
Cleveland, OH, USA