Sprayer - General Labor - Alva, FL 33920
Mancan Temporary Employment Staffing Agency is currently looking for a full time Spray Tech. The purpose of the Spray Tech role is to support the nursery projects and to ensure they are sprayed safely, accurately, timely and in the most cost effective manner. This is measured by nurseries accomplishing their timelines, reliability of seed multiplication, precision of sampling, planting/harvesting accuracy, nursery maintenance and budget efficiency.
• Mix, load and apply pesticide products as specified by standard operating procedures (SOPs) using high-clearance or tractor-mounted/towed sprayer equipment.
• Follow all WPS requirements including notification and posting for pesticide applications, following all SOP specifications.
• Maintain accurate and complete records of all pesticide applications using formats specified by SOP’s.
• Entry of pesticide application data into spreadsheets and/or databases using formats/forms specified by SOP’s.
• Accurately and regularly organize and inventory pesticide products as specified by SOP’s.
• Meticulously observe all Syngenta and pesticide label-specific safety regulations for pesticide storage, handling and application.
• In cooperation with Maintenance Coordinator perform routine daily maintenance, light repair and upkeep of sprayers, trucks and other equipment on a daily basis; maintain work areas and equipment such that they are always clean and organized; organize and inventory sprayer parts and supplies.
• Assist IPM manager with field scouting; notify IPM manager and agronomist of any irrigation, fertility or pest-control issues that may be observed in Syngenta fields.
Core to All Roles
• Foster an operational culture founded on adherence to all applicable HSE/Stewardship and other corporate policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Assist in presentation of all safety training classes.
• Monitor costs as necessary.
• Perform other duties as required to meet site needs.
• Actively support an image that reflects the highest regard for cleanliness and organization
• Balance KPI’s to meet the annual improvement objectives
• May be required to supervise employees and third party personnel as required
• All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
• Physical demands of the essential functions: Able to wear PPE; able to lift 50 lbs.; bending and stooping; frequent sitting, standing and walking over rough surfaces; reaching above shoulder level for extended periods.
• Working conditions while performing essential functions: Ability to work in humid, hot, and dusty conditions for extended periods; work with chemically treated seeds; extended hours and weekends; ability to sit at a desk using a computer for extended periods.
If interested apply in person. Mancan is located at 2200 Owanita Road, Alva FL 33920
Email resume for review to email@example.com or you may apply in person. Mancan Staffing Temporary Employment is located at 2200 Owanita Road, Alva, FL 33920 and 12995 S. Cleveland Ave, Suite 234, Fort Myers, 33907.