Sr. Field Service Substation Technician - Nashville, TN
National electrical services and equipment company looking to grow in need of a Sr. Field Service Substation Technician. The Sr. Field Service Technician will be responsible for performing all aspects of substation services including repair, processing and testing along with an understanding of transformers, construction operation and associated controls
WHAT DOES THIS JOB ENTAIL?
Have the ability to perform in shop and field transformer testing for Power Factor, Excitation and resistance readings per NETA/ANSI Standards and maintain operational mechanical systems including pump operations, valve operations and oil processing units.
- Acceptance and Diagnostic Testing, Substation Commissioning Testing, Relay Calibration.
- Doble, Transformer Turns ratio, Megger, Etc.
- Problem and Failure Investigation, Internal Inspection & Condition Assessment.
- Paper Samples for Degree of Polymerization Testing.
- May be called on to lead substation trainees and technicians on field service projects, as well as ensure safety and customer work requirements are met by field crews.
- Accurately recording and reporting work time.
- Creation of new test routines for processes used in customer service and field work.
•Contribute to Quality Control documentation of test procedures
WHY ARE YOU INTERESTED?
GROWING COMPANY EXPANDING IT’S OPERATIONS. EXPERIENCED TECHNICIANS NEEDED. GREAT BENEFITS. GUARANTEED OVERTIME PAY.
IS IT RIGHT FOR YOU?
- 5+ years experience in electrical power systems and subsystems including substation and switchgear.
- Troubleshoot and test transformers using various methods and testing equipment including partial installation of transformer components.
- Verify repairs using various start-up testing procedures.
- Conduct acceptance testing and preventative maintenance in accordance with the published testing procedures.
- Operate specialized test equipment including but not limited to: Power Factor Tester (DOBLE), Megohmmeters, AC/DC volt-ohm-millimeters, various kinds of hand-held power and non-power tools, etc.
- Ability to make electrical measurements, mechanical adjustments, assemble and disassemble parts/equipment correctly.
- Read and understand instruction manuals.
- Maintain a professional attitude when representing the company during phone or personal contact with outside vendors, customers or service providers etc.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Perform other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor.
- Must be willing and able to travel on overnight, multi-day, out of town jobs.
•Must be willing and able to work regular overtime including nights, weekends and some holidays.
Please Submit Resumes To:
or Call 330-374-9133