Chemical Production Operator - $17 / $18hr - PPSWORK - Cleveland, Oh
Immediate Need for Production Operator!!!
The company is an industry leader in Cleveland Ohio. You would be working in a team environment that promotes growth within the company for qualified individuals.
WHAT DOES THIS JOB ENTAIL?
Chemical Operators are cross-trained to become versatile so they can fulfill multiple operational roles within their shift. The selected candidates will have a strong work ethic, be safety conscious, display strong attention to detail, be adaptable, have good communication skills and be able to work in a team based environment.
The successful candidate will safely and efficiently operate all equipment necessary as a Chemical Operator. This position is also responsible for performing quality control testing, product packaging and loading/unloading finished good or raw material bulk tankers when necessary. Through training, they will be able to react properly to process upsets by properly troubleshooting and remedying unplanned events.
The Responsibilities for This Position Will Include
- Communicate with shift Team Leaders and Production Manager regarding safety, production, quality, or any other operational issues
- Manufacture batches in accordance with all safety, quality, and efficiency standards by following work orders and verbal directions
- Follow procedures to safely and efficiently operate forklifts and other equipment related to the manufacturing of chemicals
- Use equipment and instrumentation to monitor pressure, temperature, and other hazardous conditions
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as mandated in procedures
- Perform quality control testing as prescribed in the work orders
- Load and unload trucks while properly completing related paperwork
- Perform required calibrations on equipment in accordance to ISO procedures
- Maintain accurate documentation and inventory accuracy in accordance to established doctrine
- Maintain clean work areas in accordance with plant housekeeping requirements
- Assist in the manufacture of new products and establishing procedures
- Assist in the prevention of quality problems and the establishment of solutions for existing issues
- Complete required preventive maintenance per PM system requirements
- Correct packaging of finished goods into pails, drums, totes, or bulk tankers as directed by instructions found on work orders
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time, and safely lift up to 55 lbs
- Frequent bending, lifting and ascending/descending stairs and step ladders
- Constant standing during the shift
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time
- Able to operate forklift safely
- Pass agility, drug and pulmonary function tests and physical exam
- Show proficiency in the operation of all necessary equipment
The Preferred Candidate Will Have
- Ability to work in a safe and controlled environment
- Willingness to work in a team based environment
- Ability to think independently and handle tasks from initiation to completion
- Proven ability to follow procedures and handle multiple tasks, effecting a positive outcome
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and to react positively to verbal instructions given
- Ability to work overtime and weekends when required
- Desire to work hard and be dependable
- Basic understanding of computers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Basic knowledge of controls equipment including flow meters, level sensors and pressure sensors
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and to react positively to verbal instructions given by any member of the Production Department
WHY ARE YOU INTERESTED?
- Job Security in a Secure Industry
- FULL Benefits including: 401K, HEALTH Insurance, Paid holidays, Vacation time
- Room to grow within the company
- TEAM environment
- Clean Shop
- More Experience = More $$$
IS IT RIGHT FOR YOU?
We are looking for a qualified individual with a good track record. Someone that is looking for a future with the company and willing to put the time in. You MUST be a team player. As well as take PRIDE in your work and the product you are producing. This is not just a job it is a HOME.
PRODUCTIVITY – – SAFETY – – QUALITY
– Highly motivated
– Able to handle multiple functions
– Initiative and independent judgment
If this sounds like you and you have read this far, take the next step and apply NOW.
Please Submit Resumes To:
or Call 440-842-7133
Features JOb Posted by Froggerjobs.com