Unhappy with your current position as Sales Engineer? Looking to make an impact on sales in automated assembly solutions for a large fabrication and machining company?
WHAT DOES THIS JOB ENTAIL?
You will be a member of our Sales Team and will focus on automation of the company’s core material joining and induction heating processes for customer automated parts assembly and production requirements. The person will colaaborate with Product Managers, Application Engineers, Engineering Group and Regional Sales Managers as a key resource to provide technical/commercial information and input to achieve annual business development goals of the company. The person will match product offerings and automated assembly solutions with customer requirements/needs and respond to inquiries/questions in a timely manner.
Your daily activities includes: interface with field sales, prepare internal new inquiry data sheets, interface and communicate with customers for clarification of inquiries and requests for quotation, respond to customer requests concerning existing and new projects, create estimates for new automated systems and upgrade opportunities, create and write technical proposals, support equipment build efforts in manufacturing groups, support aftermarket sales/spare parts group as required and support test and field service group as required.
* Customer relationship development / business development.
* Evaluate and provide technical and commercial responses for new customer inquiries related to automation of new and existing manufacturing parts production needs.
* Customer inquiry handling, evaluation and processing.
* Compiling supplier and internal technical and commercial pricing data to support technical/commercial offers.
* Develop and write Technical and Commercial pricing proposals.
*Respond to customer inquiries and questions on existing installed machines/systems.
* Support Product Group business development efforts.
* Lead and support on-site customer technical and commercial meetings.
* Evaluation of competitors’ strengths and weaknesses (SWOT analysis).
*Facilitate transition of new system orders from sales to engineering and operations groups. Have clear understanding of scope of supply and communicate the same for clarity and understanding of what is required to fulfill a customer expectation.
* Attend and participate in customer meeting, industry trade organization meetings and trade shows.
* Domestic and possible international travel will be required as needed (approx. 15 to 20% of time).
WHY ARE YOU INTERESTED?
We have a steady work flow and are a long standing business in the community. We offer a full suite of benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 8 paid holidays, vacation and $1 for $1 match on 401K!
IS IT RIGHT FOR YOU?
* BS/BA in a technical field
* 5 years b2b sales experience in a technical industry
Capital equipment sales experience
Robotics & automation experience
machine/automated systems sales experience
AutoCad and/or Solid works (3D) software
Experience in a technical selling environment
Featured Job posted by Froggerjobs.com