Heavy Equipment Mechanic (CDL) - $30 / $35hr - PPSWORK - SHILOH, OH
Immediate Need for Experienced Heavy Equipment Mechanic!!!
Leadership – Troubleshooting – Motivation
The company is an industry leader in Ohio. We are in need of an experienced Industrial Maintenance Technician who will attack the challenge on a daily basis.
WHAT DOES THIS JOB ENTAIL?
- Perform repair and maintenance of heavy equipment in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Service equipment per company maintenance schedules and/or from equipment daily inspection reports.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical issues and make necessary repairs, adjustments or replacements.
- Perform emergency repairs on breakdowns.
- Inspect, lubricate, and service equipment.
- Check, fill, and/or change appropriate fluids for all equipment parts and check/change filters.
- Inspect, diagnose, and repair equipment support systems, such as electrical, hydraulic, suspension, air, and brake systems.
- Identify and perform repairs and adjustments to various components and operating systems on the equipment or related components.
- Ensure all safety devices on equipment are in good working order.
- Perform routine welding repairs to equipment.
- Maintain accurate repair orders, parts usage, and repair times through utilization of a computerized system.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties related to materials, tools, shop, and work areas to maintain a clean and safe work area in compliance with company and OSHA standards.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
IS IT RIGHT FOR YOU?
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
- Must be able to lift and carry weights exceeding 50 pounds.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude of heavy equipment maintenance and repair.
- Minimum 5 years performing repair and maintenance on heavy trucks and equipment and related components.
- Experience using repair manuals, wiring (electrical) diagrams and schematics necessary to troubleshoot or repair equipment or component failure.
- Advanced knowledge of heavy equipment components and systems.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Must possess necessary tools to perform assigned tasks.
- Familiarity with using a computer.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; CDL preferred.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
This is a FEATURED JOB POST by Froggerjobs.com