Mechanical Engineer - Warren / Youngstown, OH
Seeking: Mechanical Engineer
Reports to: Director of Engineering, Engineering Manager
Pay: Commensurate with Experience
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer with experience in the design and manufacturing of heavy industrial automated equipment or material handling systems. Individual must be both self-directed, driven, and able to function in a lean agile team environment. The successful candidate should be versatile in both mechanical and or electromechanical systems. The candidate should be willing to perform tasks that are both conceptual and hands-on while being project and team-oriented. A background in machine design and manufacturing are preferred. Projects are complex and sophisticated, experienced engineers are ideal for this role.
- Candidate will be responsible for designing in 2D & 3D CAD software.
- Creation of 2D manufacturing drawing sets.
- Creation of 3D conceptual models for internal and external use.
- FEA analysis of new and existing designed components
- Testing & installation of designed components.
- 3D Modeling of components and mechanisms.
- Modifications to existing components within a system to meet specific project-driven goals.
- Coordinating with external and internal design engineers, assemblers, and manufacturers of equipment to ensure products are being built to specifications.
- Modify and maintain drawings and designs based on as built specifications.
- Support shop and field technicians to ensure equipment is being installed correctly.
- Creation and maintenance of BOM’s.
- Supplier coordination and project management.
- Research and pricing of new and existing mechanical components.
- Proficiency with the following software:
- Autodesk Inventor
- Microsoft Office Suite
- CAM software experience preferred.
- PLC programming and diagnosing experience preferred.
- Work with engineering team to develop mechanical systems to satisfy unique customer specifications, contracts, and new business development. Create/review/modify drawings for various electro-mechanical systems to ensure compliance with engineering standards and customer specifications.
- Support design and shop building of machine systems.
- Review and develop technical documentation for review and submittal to customers.
- Participate in installation and set-up activities to ensure components and systems are conforming to engineering design standards and customer specifications.
- Mechanical troubleshooting, problem identification, and resolution.
- Estimate engineering time, material costs and resources required for proposed projects.
- Provide purchasing with technical guidance on mechanical components, equipment, software, and services.
- Providing field support for equipment installation, startup, troubleshooting, and ongoing maintenance.
- Additional Responsibilities: Flexibility for domestic travel up to 40% at times is required, normal is less than 20% (overnight travel may be required to support installation, start-up activities or attend meetings). Other responsibilities as identified and assigned.
Preferred BS ME or BAS MET, 2-4 years of engineering experience;
Required minimum AAS MET 2 years of engineering experience.
Plus: If you have experience in conveyor, lift, turntable, cable lift and electro-mechanical systems.
• Demonstrated ability to produce mechanical designs and manufacturing drawings.
• Demonstrated ability to meet timelines and specifications for design process projects as assigned. The ability to simultaneously organize and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities is desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal, mathematical, verbal, written and presentation skills. Ability to work both independently as well as with the team.
• This position requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in design, troubleshooting, and manufacturing systems.
This is a FEATURED JOB POST by Froggerjobs.com