Production Supervisor First Shift - Overhead Door - Canton, OH
The Supervisor Position reports to the Plant Mgr and will assist in the planning, organizing, and monitoring of assigned departments
- Become proficient in department product knowledge
- Manages a single shift of up to 40 employees
- Supervise daily activities of team members on shift
- Send team member's time off records daily to payroll
- Plan and coordinate daily production activities to ensure on time completion of product. Complete necessary daily production reports
- Drive continuous improvement efforts to create a world class operation
- Ensure compliance with all safety procedures and regulations
- Ensure that product quality standards are maintained.
- Oversee training and coaching of all team members to ensure adequate understanding of safety, quality and production procedures.
- Ensure that departmental production goals are efficiently met.
- Apply lean/six sigma tools to eliminate process waste and variation.
- Report performance metrics and improvement activities.
- Engage team members in improvement activities
- 2-3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Computer literate: MS Word/Excel, Kronos, Oracle, MXP
- Must be able to lift up to 50-75 lbs
- Occasional bending, pushing/pulling, and reaching
- BS in Management or other related field or equivalent experience