DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
- Gallup Great Workplace Award for multiple years
- Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
- Indeed’s annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
- Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
- J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
- Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
- Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
- Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
The person holding this position will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all power plant equipment and assist with maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Performs all station shift operation and maintenance, including startup and shutdown of main plant components and auxiliaries.
- Perform operations in accordance with established SOPs and job safety standards
- Respond to abnormalities and take corrective actions consistent with established operating procedures and good engineering practice.
- Conducts routine tours of the plant to inspect equipment; provides feedback to other employees.
- Complies with all site safety requirements and procedures. Identifies safety hazards and takes corrective actions as necessary.
- Maintains accuracy of shift operating logs, records, time sheets, work orders and other administrative documents related to the power plant.
- Performs routine cycle chemistry testing and makes the necessary adjustments to optimize efficiency. Checks daily consumption rates of chemicals, gasses, fuels, water and other consumables; monitors inventories and initiates action to replenish when appropriate.
- Performs plant switching and tagging of equipment in accordance with approved procedures and prudent operations and maintenance practices.
- Performs electrical and mechanical inspections, trouble- shooting, and maintenance tasks under direction of Management when assigned.
- Investigates plant problems, incidents, accidents and unusual events, and provides analyses, recommendations, reports, and appropriate follow-up plans.
- Reads and records gauges and meters. Performs routine operational test and adjustments on all power plant systems and components, as required.
- Develops, assists, and revises operations and maintenance related procedures.
- Performs and maintains housekeeping standards and duties.
- Performs routine preventive and predictive maintenance on all systems and equipment; supports corrective maintenance efforts on selected equipment when properly trained or supervised.
- Becomes lead system representative on assigned systems.
- Performs other duties necessary to fulfill plant requirements.
- Displays routine proficiency improvements toward becoming qualified as a Lead Operations and Maintenance technician.
- Communicates with other company personnel on-site and at other locations. Represents the company in dealing with the public, steam and power customers, vendors, contractors, regulators, and other non-company personnel.
- Assist other team members and works with all departments to support the operation in achieving its goals.
- Willingness to carry a pager or phone on a rotating schedule basis.
- Willingness to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime and respond to off-hour call-ins when contacted by phone or pager.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Ability to read and write effectively in English and to do basic mathematics; high school diploma preferred.
- Knowledge of power plant mechanical and electrical equipment, including motors, pumps, boilers, fluid systems, chemical handling, water treatment systems, pollution control equipment, AC and DC electrical distribution and control systems, etc and associated maintenance functions Five (5) years of power plant experience in operations and maintenance Ability to complete sitespecific written qualification program Knowledge of power plant safety, policies and procedures, especially in area such as chemical handling, highenergy systems, confined spaces, incipient fire suppression, first aid, rotating machinery, and heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to understand fundamental principals related to physics, mathematics, AC & DC electrical theory, heat transfer and fluid flow, thermal dynamics and chemistry.
- Knowledge of and experience in at least four (4) of the following skills: pipefitting, welding, machining, rigging, rotating machine repair, fabrication, machine alignment, basic vibration analysis, and using electrical test equipment Knowledge of chemistry and power plant chemical applications Ability to operate valves, switches, controls, keyboards, and other devices associated with power plants.
- Ability to use basic hand tools, portable electric and pneumatic tools, and basic rigging equipment such as winches, hoists and slings.
- 1Ability to locate, troubleshoot, and adjust defects in mechanical equipment and/or maintain, install, modify and troubleshoot plant electrical systems and equipment.
- 1Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- 1Ability to operate and maintain various analytical and test equipment.
- 1Experience with coal fired steam turbine electrical generation preferred.
- 1Willingness to work rotating shift schedules, overtime, and respond to offhour callins.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
This is a FEATURED Job Posted by Froggerjobs.com