Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. As one of the world’s largest lift truck manufacturers, we are committed to providing the customer with the safest, most efficient and ergonomic lift truck possible to lower their total cost of ownership.Job Responsibilities:
Develop electrical based systems including electronics, component selection, and associated electrical systems for material handling equipment. Perform a variety of complicated tasks and work independently.
- Product application analysis - Research product electronic needs for forklifts and other material handling equipment. Review regulatory requirements, Crown design guidelines, technical risk management. Develop electronic system requirements including performance, form and fit, and cost goals.
- Product design and development - Design solutions to meet operational, safety, regulatory, manufacturability, and cost requirements. Perform design analysis of performance, reliability, safety, and failure mode analysis. Produce and maintain block diagrams, schematics, and wiring diagrams for product.
- Product testing and support - Create and conduct design verification tests for product electronic systems. Work with Quality, Manufacturing, and Service to develop test protocols for construction and use of the product.
Electrical Engineer 2Related Terms:
Electronic Engineer, Product Development, Product Engineer, Software Developer, Vehicle Dynamics Systems Development, Vehicle IntegrationMinimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 2 years related experience (Salary will be commensurate with applicable experience)
- Good writing, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Valid driving privileges
- Ability to occasionally travel with overnight stays (0-5%)
- Experience with mobile equipment design, digital design (logic, microprocessors), analog circuit design and simulation, linear control systems, power electronics, motor control systems, wireless and electromagnetic compatibility
- Electrical design experience from automotive, off-road vehicles, industrial, medical, or aerospace industry may be helpful
- Hardware Design Tools: Schematic Capture (such as Cadence / Allegro), PCB Layout (such as PADS), Mathcad, Electrical Wiring and Harness CAD (such as Vesys)
- Hardware Equipment: Oscilloscope, Spectrum / Network Analyzers, Function Generators, Logic Analyzers
- Software: C/C++
- Safety and Reliability: Safety of Machinery (to include Performance Level and Categories of Systems, ISO 13849-001 / Sistema or similar), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Functional Hazard Analysis, Risk Assessment and Management, Reliability Analysis
Crown will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
No agency calls please.Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled