For employment consideration, please complete an online application in the employment section atwww.wasserstrom.jobs
N. Wasserstrom, the nation’s leader in food service equipment manufacturing and distribution, seeks“top talent” motivated manufacturing design engineer to join our talented team! This position provides production support to the manufacturing operation by analyzing engineering sketches, reviewing product design, preparing customer approval drawings, utilizing CAD software, and creating and refining detailed assembly drawings.
N. Wasserstrom began as a local, family-run business and has steadily grown to become one of the largest suppliers of food service products. With over a century of experience and a team of dedicated associates, Wasserstrom remains a family owned and operated company offering products and services that are second to none.
This role is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of federal wage and hour law.Job Duties
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications, and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape, and overall assembly of parts.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements, and regulatory agency compliance.
- Prepares customer approval drawings and manufacturing details, i.e. exploded views, etc.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting CAD software to develop designs.
- Creates and refines basic to complex detailed assembly drawings
- Creates and refines a completed Bill of Materials for one or more project.
- Participates in team oriented weekly meetings.
- Participates in project management key milestone meetings established by sales project managers
- Revises design parameters based on customer and manufacturing feedback
- Observes construction of products as they are completed to understand impact of decisions made throughout design process.
- Adapts to job changing requirements and customer expectations
- Proposes new ideas, programs, and policy enhancements to supervisor.
- Progressively interacts with internal personnel and leadership team members including: Sales, Manufacturing, Warranty, and Installation
- Analytical- synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Cost Consciousness - contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Adept at active listening - giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Must be able to communicate in a respectful, professional manner at all times to include written, electronic, and one on one interface.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Solid organizational skills required.
- Effective time management skills required.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office Suite to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and customers.
- Creative thinking skills needed to identify new systems, processes, etc.
- Ability to challenge convention in order to work smarter and not harder.
- Knowledge of the following software: database; design; development; manufacturing; project management and word processing.
- Basic 3D Solid Modeling CAD knowledge to include:
- Datum and Skeleton usage
- Basic geometric constraints
- Detail drawing standards
- Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) standards
- Associate Degree or one year of product design experience.
- Basic knowledge of requirements for part preparation for manufacturing, i.e. DXF file creation, etc.
- Ability to read architectural blue prints.
- Ability to create basic 3D solid modeled sheetmetal parts in CAD
- Ability to create assemblies, detailed drawings, shear sheets, cutoff sheets in CAD
N. Wasserstrom& Sons offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, employee assistance program, and more.EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and will give consideration to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.