This North Canton, Ohio Company is seeking motivated individuals to join a world-class manufacturer of two-piece can machinery and high speed equipment. Stolle offers innovation and sense of purpose by allowing employees to be creative within a team oriented environment. We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, PPE reimbursement, 401k, company paid LTD/STD, company paid life and AD&D insurance, paid holidays and more! Stolle is currently seeking a Surface Grinding Machinist to join the organization. We are looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.JOB SUMMARY (the purpose and general nature of the job):
Safely and effectively setup and operate CNC or manual Surface Grinders, manufacturing precision parts to drawing specifications.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to, the following:
- Complete all setups and efficiently run moderate to very complex parts on manual and CNC Surface Grinders following detailed setup instructions.
- Fanuc control experience preferred
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to meet critical engineering specifications as shown on engineering prints.
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Examine completed workpieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments fixtures, and workpieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Stop machines to remove finished workpieces or to change tooling, grinding wheels, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Transfer commands from servers to computer numerical control (CNC) modules, using computer network links.
- Check to ensure that workpieces are properly lubricated and cooled during machine operation.
- Start machines, monitor their operations, and record operational data.
- Test and adjust machine speeds or actions, according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
- Set up, make offset, program adjustments, & operate computer-controlled machines to perform one or more machine functions on metal workpieces.
- Insert control instructions into machine control units to start operation.
- Review program specifications or blueprints to determine and set machine operations and sequencing, finished workpiece dimensions or numerical control sequences.
- Listen to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems.
- Remove and replace dull cutting tools.
Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience setting up and operating Surface Grinders, grinding various types of materials.
- Strong math skills.
- Display strong communication skills and be capable of working from verbal and/or written instructions with minimum supervision.
- The individual must perform his/her duties in conjunction with EHS personnel, in such a manner
that neither he nor others are jeopardized regarding safety.PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work schedule generally consists of 40+ hours per week, which may include weekends.
- Individual must be capable of occasionally lifting 50lbs and standing for extended periods of
time and capable of climbing stairs.
- Required use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including eye protection, hearing protection, hand and foot protection or other specific PPE as required.
This position description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities, physical demands, working conditions and skills needed. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities and/or essential functions. Stolle Machinery Co, LLC retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.