We need a reliable, knowledgeable CNC Surface Grinder to join our growing team!
We offer competitive salary, great benefits (including 401k with company match), and an excellent work environment.
Polychem OMS Systems is a leader in designing and building of specialized equipment for several different markets. We design and build condenser coilbenders and blower housing machines for HVAC manufacturers, sheet metal processing equipment for appliance manufacturers, flying cutoff saws for pipe, tube, and roll forming manufacturers, equipment to apply plastic strapping in packaging applications, and the mechanics for ultrasonic testing of train wheels, pipe, and oxygen/acetylene bottles. We are innovators of new equipment and processes which are presented to us by existing and new customers.
This position will be a member of a team that builds all facets of the Polychem OMS Systems specialized equipment.RequirementsESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Inspect parts before grinding to check for chips or cracks.
- Verify the dimensions of the work piece to match with the dimensions on the prints.
- Inspect parts that are received from customers and vendors.
- Offer input on how to improve the operations.
- Record how much time is spent on each job.
- Must be able to set up and operate manual surface grinding equipment.
- Must be able to program, set up and operate a CNC surface grinder.
- Must be able to fixture and design methods of manufacturing complex parts.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work in a standing position for 10 hours/day and must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds with control. The employee must be able to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms.QUALIFICATIONS:
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Must have the ability and interpersonal skills to successfully work as a team member to obtain desired results.
- Must be able to understand and apply work-related documents such as operating manuals, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to understand and perform to job-related quality standards, methods, usage of inspection devices and reporting as required.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Must be able to locate, diagnose and correct problems in equipment and systems utilizing test equipment and/or prior work experience.
- Must possess knowledge of algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
- Must be able to communicate through written, verbal, or other means of communication.
- Under normal business conditions, must be able to work 50 hours per week, however, schedule will be adjusted according to business and operational needs.
- Must be able to wear personal protection equipment, such as earplugs, safety glasses, and safety shoes.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of 4 year surface grinding apprentice program or possess equivalent experience.
This FREE Job POst is Sponsored by Froggerjobs.com