Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,250 employees, BWXT has eleven (11) major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants to fill the role of Industrial Machine Repair Technician (Millwright)
at our facility in Barberton, Ohio
. Millwrights at this facility will maintain and repair all plant area machines, tools, and equipment and will diagnose and repair mechanical, piping and minor electrical malfunctions on any and all machines, tools and equipment. Additionally, millwrights will:
- Make or assist in making installations of all types, including repositioning of present equipment and original installation of new equipment; also performs precision alignment on new or existing machinery.
- Test run machines and equipment while diagnosing or making repairs and prior to releasing for production.
- Perform carpentry and rigging duties as required.
- Perform welding, brazing, burning and heating as required.
- Move material and equipment to and from work area by use of any transportable means.
- Work from blue prints, sketches, repair manuals, bills of material and written or verbal instructions from salaried personnel or employee being assisted.
- Detect and report faulty operation and defective materials.
- Keep work areas, machinery and equipment clean and orderly.
- Maintain and sign necessary records as required.
The hourly rate for this position is $30.205 and is complemented by a generous benefits package.
- Candidates must first complete and achieve an acceptable score on a written Milwright exam. In addition, an online assessment will be administered and will include a mechanical comprehension section.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalency is required, along with a minimum of five (5) years' experience in industrial maintenance. Lesser experience coupled with formal training and/or previous certifications may be acceptable.
- Must be able to read hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics.
- Must be able to climb to any height.
- CNC/Machine tool experience desired
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check prior to hire date.
- Must be able to effectively take instruction from management and supervision.
- Must possess skills necessary to complete detailed records and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Must be a US citizen with no dual citizenship.
BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local law.https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf