1. Do you have so much mechanical skill that it's falling out of your pockets?!
- Are you sick of working for huge, uninspired companies where you feel like you are a cog in a wheel or a number in their system?
- Would you rather be part of a smaller company with growth opportunities where you are actually treated like family?
- Do you like to solve complex machine problems?
If you answer "no," to any of the above then please DO NOT apply. We only have a limited amount of seats on our bus and we are looking for the next AWESOME team member.
The work we do matters...we create custom foam parts to make people's lives more comfortable.
Here's a little about us...
- We exist to Glorify God and to serve our customers.
- We are family owned and have been in business for 71 years!
- We make custom foam parts for companies big & small!
- We have a positive, hardworking culture! (imagine Chick-fil-a, but without chicken in a manufacturing environment)
Maintenance Mechanic TechnicianDivision:
Manufacturing/OperationsType of position:
Full-time with health benefits, vacation, paid time off, company matching 401k.
*Maintains, repairs, troubleshoots shop machines and performs routine preventative maintenance on production machines to ensure that operation of machinery is active. Able to work without direct supervisor and capable of finding solutions quickly and easily.Provides a strong work proactive ethic with good communication skills, ensuring high morale, team-work and good employee relations, at all levels, including on the shop floor.Here's a video example of the types of machines in our plant:
These essential functions indicate the general nature and level of work expected in this position. These functions are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Maintenance team members maybe asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change.
* Maintains, tests, and repairs CNC operational equipment including CNC systems, production test and assembly equipment, various electrical/electronic systems and facility/building systems and equipment.
* Able to maintain, test, and repair non-CNC production machines and presses.
* Performs advanced pneumatic/hydraulic repair, electrical/electronic component replacements, and elementary wiring.
* Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
* Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
* Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
* Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
* Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
* Fabricates new parts and repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment that includes, but is not limited to, knee mill, lathe, and arc welding.
* Performs software/hardware modifications to machinery and controls to facilitate process workflow improvements or product changes.
* Orders replacement parts and equipment for machines, within prescribed dollar limits, as necessary.
* Applies an extensive and practical experience and knowledge base to develop alternative solutions to difficult and unusual machinery problems and assignments.
* Participates in continuous improvement events to increase process efficiency.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by enforcing regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and ensures compliance to all corporate guidelines & policies.
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and maintains a high quality consciousness
* Must be able to travel domestically to remote sites for up to a four (4) day period.Job Requirements
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent. Vocational training or technical trade school is preferred.
- Strong mechanical abilities.
- Ability to calculate figures and dimensions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
Merryweather Foam, Inc. is an industry leader in the fabrication and service of flexible foam products. For 71 years, we have served a diversified base of clients and industries, creating multiple paths for opportunity and growth.
We are a different kind of company. We are fiercely focused on serving our customers through teamwork and prompt service. As a family owned company, with 3 manufacturing locations, we are proud of our history & heritage of manufacturing. Most of our employees stay with us for a long time. It's not unusual to find people with 30+ years of experience on our team and sometimes even their children join our team after they graduate school.
With that said, Merryweather Foam isn't a place for everyone. We are not slow-paced nor laid back. Each day, we look for new ways to adapt and grow. We challenge 100% of our team members to eliminate waste and improve processes on a regular basis. So if you are looking to belong to an organization that is driven by teamwork, focused on details, and values character & integrity, then please apply!