Type of position:
Full-time with health benefits, vacation, paid time off, company matching 401k.
*Maintains, repairs, troubleshoots shop machines and performs routine preventative maintenance on production machines to ensure that operation of machinery is active. Able to work without direct supervisor and capable of finding solutions quickly and easily.Provides a strong work proactive ethic with good communication skills, ensuring high morale, team-work and good employee relations, at all levels, including on the shop floor.DUTIES
These essential functions indicate the general nature and level of work expected in this position. These functions are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Maintenance team members maybe asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change.
* Maintains, tests, and repairs CNC operational equipment including CNC systems, production test and assembly equipment, various electrical/electronic systems and facility/building systems and equipment.
* Able to maintain, test, and repair non-CNC production machines and presses.
* Performs advanced pneumatic/hydraulic repair, electrical/electronic component replacements, and elementary wiring.
* Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
* Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
* Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
* Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
* Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
* Fabricates new parts and repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment that includes, but is not limited to, knee mill, lathe, and arc welding.
* Performs software/hardware modifications to machinery and controls to facilitate process workflow improvements or product changes.
* Orders replacement parts and equipment for machines, within prescribed dollar limits, as necessary.
* Applies an extensive and practical experience and knowledge base to develop alternative solutions to difficult and unusual machinery problems and assignments.
* Participates in continuous improvement events to increase process efficiency.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by enforcing regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and ensures compliance to all corporate guidelines & policies.
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and maintains a high quality consciousness
* Must be able to travel domestically to remote sites for up to a four (4) day period.Job Requirements
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent. Vocational training or technical trade school is preferred.
- Strong mechanical abilities.
- Ability to calculate figures and dimensions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.