The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for formulating and implementing quality policies, plans, and procedures as well as managing the auditing of the quality system. Candidates must be enthusiastic, proven leaders and team players who will be expected to champion a culture of continuous improvement, utilizing state of the art methods and tools.
WHAT DOES THIS JOB ENTAIL?
- Expand existing quality management system and its Quality manuals to meet the needs of the company
- Drive continuous improvements in product conformance and cost by introducing tools such as Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma into the company’s culture
- Develop and manage process audits in all areas of company business operations
- Develop standard work instructions and lead the creation of process maps, work flows, reports, and procedures to define company processes
- Identify training needs and facilitate training and coaching to improve efficiency, company-wide
- Report on the performance of the quality system and Quality department KPIs to quantify the basis for future improvement and development
- Act as a technical representative of the company to customers & vendors on matters related to the company’s quality system and products
- Manage and develop Quality Control personnel through NDE personal qualification program
- Analyze and advise on code standards and specifications to determine corporate compliance
- Conduct critical project Quality reviews to lead development of QC plans, process control plans, and ITPs
- Oversee and improve the daily control of Calibration and Non-Conformance systems
- Assure that systems are in place to effectively control project and quality documentation
- Act as company liaison for customer and 3rd party (ASME) quality systems audits
- Develop and facilitate 3rd party inspection and testing service contracts
- Lead corrective actions and preventative action (CAPA) program through root cause analysis and material review of non-conforming product and customer findings
- Enhance supplier quality through management of the AVL, tracking metrics, issuing supplier corrective action reports (SCARs), and development of Supplier Quality Manual.
•Build network within the Quality marketplace and observe trends in Quality-related technology/methods
WHY ARE YOU INTERESTED?
We have a steady work flow and are a long standing business in the community. We offer a full suite of benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 8 paid holidays, vacation and $1 for $1 match on 401K!
IS IT RIGHT FOR YOU?
- 5 years Quality Experience preferably in a heavy machinery manufacturing setting (2-year or 4-year degree may substitute experience)
- Understanding of the machining process, Machine Shop background and/or experience as a Machinist
- Ability to understand and interpret manufacturing code quality documentation and criteria
- Read and interpret customer blueprints and specification documentation
- Ability to understand and apply tolerances and GD&T principles
- FARO metrology, CMM, or other computer-aided measurement experience (Equipment used: FARO Metrology – Tracker & Arm and precision measurement and monitoring hand tools and devices
*Experience with Mics, Calipers, Veneers etc.
•Use of Microsoft Office Suite and other basic computer skills
Trade school diploma or Journeyman card
- Six Sigma Green Belt is a plus
- American Society of Quality certification(s) is a plus
•Experience in a supervisory role and working in a team environment
Please Submit Resumes To:
or Call 330-374-9133