Mechanical Engineer -AutoCAD - Alliance, Ohio
Permanent Position - Salary Range $75K - $90K + Benefits
Investigates, and determines solutions to mechanical problems; coordinates testing, installation, and maintenance of mechanical components, equipment, and systems following accepted professional principles or established practices. Operates computer‑aided design (CAD) system and peripheral equipment to design equipment such as machinery, tools and plants and plant equipment layouts. Prepares drawings and bill of materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides functional guidance to mechanical personnel to solve plant mechanical problems as required in the maintenance of plant mechanical equipment.
- Develops information and makes recommendations to the Plant Engineer for the purchase of equipment, components, and systems.
- Designs mechanical equipment, components, and systems for manufacturing or other plant purposes from conception through final design/fabrication drawings, (including Bill-of-Materials lists, components pricing, etc.) and generating design criteria to ensure that the proposed solution will meet design objectives.
- Produces documentation including layouts, assemblies and detailed drawings to support the mechanical systems being developed.
- Understands and able to troubleshoot pneumatic, hydraulic systems, and overall mechanical systems.
- Directs activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and/or manufacturer's requirements.
- Maintains records; arranges and documents information and prepares various statistical and other reports as required.
- Develops foundation drawings to allow contractors to install foundations to accept purchased equipment.
- Obtains information relative to types and cost of equipment for use of other Plant Engineering or maintenance personnel in development, construction, installation, and layout work.
- Directs and coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in plant installations.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and equipment programming tasks.
- Manages capital projects with an emphasis on staying on-time and to budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Requirements:
Mechanical Engineering degree from Four‑year College or University; and a minimum of five (5) years related experience and/or training in an industrial environment. Solid-Works and Auto-CAD proficiency are highly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Must be computer literate and able to work with programs such as Word, Excel, etc., and be able to learn and use HP programs such as e-mail, established programs, etc.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
A valid driver's license is preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to the risk of electrical shock. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Sponsored by: Froggerjobs.com