The Genie Company • Mount Hope, OH
Full-Time Position with Benefits
Mechanical Engineer engaged in the design and development of relatively complex electro-mechanical designs from concept to production.
- Capable of applying the principles of industrial design, materials science, thermal engineering, and mechanical engineering to design and package complex electro-mechanical devices.
- Knowledge of various materials (plastics, metal, sheet metal) and ways to process them (injection molding, casting, powdered metal, stamping).
- Conceive and develop 3D part designs, manage 3D assemblies, and create detailed 2D drawings using SolidWorks.
- Demonstrated solid analytical skills which should include FEA, statistical analysis, DOE, DFMEA, DFM, and tolerance stack up analysis.
- Experience in reviewing tool designs for injection molding, castings, and stampings.
- Experience with PPAP and other quality review processes.
- Participate in updating and maintaining mechanical development processes and procedures.
- Must be capable of interacting in a team environment and working with others to achieve the best possible end product from all functional viewpoints.
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years mechanical design and integration experience for electro-mechanical products
- Previous experience producing products for high volume commercial manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong knowledge of mechanical engineering methodology
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in SolidWorks.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Experience with Engineering Change Notice Processes (ECN/ECR’s