Smith & Nephew - Machinist - USA
Smith & Nephew is a diversified advanced medical technology business that supports healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries to improve the quality of life for their patients. We have leadership positions in Orthopedic Reconstruction, Advanced Wound Management, Sports Medicine and Trauma:
- Orthopedics Reconstruction - joint replacement systems for knees, hips and shoulders
- Advanced Wound Management - wound care treatment and prevention products used to treat hard-to-heal wounds
- Sports Medicine - minimally invasive surgery of the joint
- Trauma & Extremities - products that help repair broken bones
We have over 15,000 employees around the world. Annual sales in 2015 were more than $4.6 billion.
We are a constituent of the UK's FTSE100.
Successful candidate will be responsible for performing job assignments on manual and/or CNC machines. Manual machine operations include set-up and tool selection of conventional lathes, mills, grinders, drill presses and other standard shop equipment. CNC machine operations include production on lathes or mills after set-up with few machine/program adjustments. Perform on all Machinist (level I) functions plus more complex machine set-ups.This position is located in Memphis Tn. (Relocation assistance for qualified candidates)
- Micrometer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Calipers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Machining: 3 years (Preferred)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs all Machine Operator functions.
- Performs frequent and complex CNC/ mill and lathe setup/operations to produce quality parts based on provided specifications.
- Performs setup/operations on specialty machines.
- Recommends program changes and submits program change requests to programmers/engineers.
- Performs preventive maintenance such as inspecting/replacing fluid levels; inspecting/replacing filters and belts; performing visual inspection; and operating a refractometer.
- Solves tooling issues by identifying productivity of tooling, evaluating tooling performance, and evaluating new tooling requirements.
- Performs routine dimensional and visual inspection of product per procedure, specification or print using basic measuring equipment (calipers, micrometer, scale, indicators, and SPC equipment).
- Maintains safety practices related to machining; (wear protective clothing, eye glasses, as required).
- Participates in set up reduction/process improvement teams to increase process efficiencies.
- Trains others on Level I and II Machining skills through on the job training.
- Perform in other areas as requested by Team Leader including but not limited to one or more of the following: packaging, finishing, material deployment, quality and other machining areas.
You will need:
- High school education or GED
- 2 years of machining experience
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints; measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, scales, and indicators) and in-depth knowledge of tooling identification
- Successful completion of Machine Operator test
- Willing to relocate to Memphis, Tn.
Smith and Nephew is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
FEATURED Job Post Sponsored by: Froggerjobs.com