We are looking for a Process Engineer
who will join our largest fertilizer and seed product manufacturing plant located in Marysville, OH.
As the Process Engineer you will identify, prioritize and implement process improvements by gathering and analyzing data, interacting with key stakeholders such as business unit managers, plant leadership, process operators, maintenance technicians, and R&D to drive improvements. Improve manufacturing efficiencies, identify cost savings, and analyze equipment performance to compare with designed performance specifications in order to increase throughput and yield. What you’ll do in this role:
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Make decisions through careful testing of assumptions and facts; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Evaluate existing processes and identify more efficient ways to accomplish goals and meet customer and client requirements; continuously improving the processes through regular assessment and adjustment.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts of various resources around process improvement.
- Analyze processes and develop systems based solutions that will improve current state.
- Develop and execute on capital plan generated from improvement initiatives. Manages Capital Plan.
- Generate detailed and accurate reports of analyses, experiments or projects for equipment validation, and evaluations of new or improved processes.
- Communicates project status and results in biweekly written technical reports and periodic oral presentations to Senior Leadership and Operations.
- Provide knowledge of key business drivers and metrics used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of process improvements. Determine appropriate metrics and measure against those standards. Communicate performance standards and metrics to group.
- Prepare documents(s) (e.g., project proposal, strategic project brief, project charter, project scope, product specifications) in order to define a project, establish expectations, and gain support.
Some other nice to have’s:
- Bachelor’s degree focused in Engineering ideally Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Process, Project or Product Development, including planning, execution, and management of highly visible projects.
- Experience with both liquid and solid chemical processes.
- History of team-oriented problem solving in a Manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing and assembly processes; includes understanding how design changes will affect these processes with regards to lead time, resource requirements, acquisition cost and tooling cost.
- Knowledge of material handling processes for moving materials/products throughout the manufacturing and distribution process.
What we do for our associates (just to list a few cool ones):
- Ability to use current PC-based software (e.g., Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access, Project, etc.)
- Familiarity with methods and software for experimental design and statistical data analysis.
- History of excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills -- Team player.
- Ability to develop conceptual Process Flowsheets (PFDs) and Equipment Diagrams and assist R&D and Operations staff with preparation and evaluation of P&IDs.
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage with discounted generic prescriptions and wellness incentive program.
- Onsite wellness center which includes: 2,400 sq. ft. fitness center, Walgreens pharmacy and Doctor’s office.
- Unbelievable 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
- Generous vacation day policy.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro
and Hawthorne Gardening
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.