Lead Machine Operator - First Shift - Family Owned for 70+ Years!
1. Are you sick of working for huge, uninspired companies where you feel like you are a cog in a wheel or a number in their system?
2. Would you rather be part of a smaller company with growth opportunities where you are actually treated like family?
3. Do you find joy in creating products that make people's lives more comfortable and enjoyable?
If you answer "no," to any of the above then please DO NOT apply. We only have a limited amount of seats on our bus and we are looking for the next AWESOME team member.
The work we do matters...we create custom foam parts to make people's lives more comfortable.
Here's a little about us...
- We exist to Glorify God and to serve our customers.
- We are family owned and have been in business for 70 years!
- We make custom foam parts for companies big & small!
- We have a positive, hardworking culture! (imagine Chick-fil-a, but without chicken in a manufacturing environment)
Title: Lead Operator/Fabricator (No manufacturing experience needed! Paid training is included in this position!)
Type of position: Full-time with health benefits, vacation, paid time off, company matching 401k.
Video Demonstration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMhdYo-ZWM4
If you consider yourself a machine whisperer and enjoy a well-organized yet fast paced work environment, we’d love to have you join our team as a machine press operator. We’ll depend on your eagle eyes to visually inspect machines before each shift, make sure machines are well-maintained and operate machines in a safe and efficient manner. Because we know you have much more to bring to the table than just operating and maintaining equipment, you’ll maintain a daily production log, inspect the products you help create before they’re shipped to our customers and ensure the overall quality of those products. If you’re ready for mentally and physically stimulating work that rewards you with more than just a paycheck, we hope to see your resume in our inbox.
- Adjust machine parts as needed to ensure proper speed, pressure, temperature and amount of materials for quality production.
- Measure, weigh and examine all products before they’re packaged to see that they meet company and industry standards.
- Monitor and control machines on a daily basis to maintain daily and weekly production schedule.
- Complete quality checks and paperwork every day to maintain production and industry regulations and company standards.
- Make sure work environment remains safe, uncluttered, clean and well-maintained by performing maintenance and general janitorial duties throughout shift as time allows.
- Look over all work orders and instructions to see which ingredients, machines, parts and materials are needed to complete orders to full customer satisfaction.
- Engage in continuing education training and seminars to remain up-to-date on the latest industry techniques, machines, safety regulations and equipment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and maintain assigned machines and equipment as needed for maximum product quality and operational efficiency.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to lift at least 75 pounds
- At least a full year of work experience as a machine press operator
- Basic knowledge of repairing and maintaining manufacturing machines
- Good physical condition
We are a different kind of company. We are fiercely focused on serving our customers through teamwork and prompt service. As a family owned company, with 3 manufacturing locations, we are proud of our history & heritage of manufacturing. Most of our employees stay with us for a long time. It's not unusual to find people with 30+ years of experience on our team and sometimes even their children join our team after they graduate school.
With that said, Merryweather Foam isn't a place for everyone. We are not slow-paced nor laid back. Each day, we look for new ways to adapt and grow. We challenge 100% of our team members to eliminate waste and improve processes on a regular basis. So if you are looking to belong to an organization that is driven by teamwork, focused on details, and values character & integrity, then please apply!