Manufacturing Engineer Electrical – AirBorn - Akron, Ohio
Summary: Plans, develops, evaluates and coordinates manufacturing processes with an emphasis on the product test requirements . Interfaces with customer focus teams and strategic business units to launch new product/current model designs through the new product launch process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with customer facing personnel to develop all test requirements to meet customer product needs.
- Gathers in depth knowledge of the customer product designs in order to identify potential cost savings solutions resulting from manufacturing efficiencies
- Analyze in process/field failures to determine root cause of failure modes. Define corrective actions to eliminate these failures from reoccurring; working with site operations and customer facing team to resolve issues.
- Provide analysis reports to be communicated to customers, suppliers and AirBorn management as required.
- Develop test instruction to meet customer product needs.
- Determine and procure required test equipment
- Develop test fixtures as needed.
- Provide support to test department personnel.
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods
- nalyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements and workflow and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Responsible for increasing efficiencies, production quality and volumes
- Analyze and reduce scrap – providing solutions to increase efficiencies
- Details drawings and coordinates building of prototype product and testing
- Responsible for writing and implements required maintenance procedures and assisting in performing actual maintenance as required
- Performs a varied to tasks utilizing electrical engineering concepts, practices and procedures.
- Resolves problems related to assigned projects by working with vendors, operations, customer facing and production personnel and others as necessary.
- Confers with vendors/suppliers to determine product specifications and to arrange the purchase of equipment, material or parts and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards
- Develops cost data based on estimated material requirements, production times, staffing requirements, and related overhead costs to meet plant efficiency improvement goals
- Confers with management, engineering and other AirBorn staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production process and reduce costs.
- Applies statistical methods to data collection techniques to assist in quality and process controls
- Works as a team member to execute relevant quality improvement programs
- Develops tests and works with testing methods to assist in product development and manufacturing process improvements.
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Completion of a four year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Two to ten years related experience and/ or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of AC, DC, Logic, Schematics, and code.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Board level troubleshooting
- Electronic testing of circuits
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to write articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
- Ability to effectively present information to top management
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work with CAD systems
AirBorn is an EOE/Veteran/Disability Employer
Sponsored By: Froggerjobs.com