RF Design Engineer / RF Filters - Electronics Jobs in Columbus / West Salem, OH
Pole/Zero Corporation, a division of Microwave Products Group, is looking for talented people to join our organization!
Connecting and Protecting People, Microwave Products Group (MPG) is a leading global provider of mission-critical engineered electronic components and subsystems comprised of four business units in five manufacturing locations. Our brand names are recognized globally including: BSC Filters, York, UK; Dow-Key Microwave, Ventura, CA; K&L Microwave, Salisbury, Maryland and Dominican Republic and Pole/Zero, West Chester, OH.
Our expertise is the design and manufacture of communications-based specialty products engineered components and subsystems for demanding military, space, commercial aerospace/industrial, and telecom infrastructure applications where function and reliability are crucial.
Design, analyze, verify and document RF circuits and modules, with particular emphasis in bandpass and band reject filters.
- Design high performance RF products; responsible for projects from start to finish.
- Design for low loss, high linearity, EMI/EMC, reliability and thermal performance.
- Direct design to accomplish cost, size, weight, power and manufacturability objectives.
- Direct workflow of PCB designers to assure superior RF performance of layouts.
- Develop performance validation methodology and production test/alignment processes.
- Validate new designs for specification compliance.
- Provide support to production for agile filter products.
- Support sales and marketing closely in new product definition and development.
- Respond to technical support questions pre-sale and post-sale.
- Support bid and proposal efforts.
- Ability to translate requirements into production-ready hardware
- Champion new product thrusts and technologies.
- Spearhead internal research and development efforts.
- This includes the research and development of topologies, physical implementation, building concept models as well as identifying all electrical operating parameters and production testing requirements. The focus is on wideband, dynamically tunable designs from HF through microwave bands.
- Provide technical leadership.
- Must have extensive knowledge of filter design methods.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in lumped and distributed RF/microwave design, supporting circuitry, evaluation of performance tradeoffs, and analysis at frequencies up to 10 GHz.
- Solid knowledge of electromagnetic theory including transmission lines, impedance matching, and resonant structures
- Experience using AWR Microwave Office software or similar.
- Experience in mixed-signal PCB layout and familiarity with PCB design software.
- Experience in design to cost and manufacturability objectives.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written formats with business development, engineering, manufacturing, management and customers.
- Proactive, responsive approach to projects and customer timelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- BSEE from an ABET accredited college or university and 5+ years of relevant experience required OR accredited MSEE and 2+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent.
- Experience with RF modeling and simulation software highly desired.
- Experience with military environments and specifications highly desired.
- Experience developing new technology and processes highly desired.
- Must be a US person (US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand approximately one hour per day, walk approximately one hour per day, and sit approximately six hours per day required.
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts, and low voltage electrical circuits while on the manufacturing floor.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- Required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment when in restricted manufacturing areas.
- Normal workdays are bi-weekly Monday through Friday, 8 hour days OR
9 - 9 hour days, 80 hour alternate schedule with every other Friday off
- Lunch period is on hour per day, unpaid.
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This is a FEATURED Job Posted By: Froggerjobs.com