Compensation: $80,000 to $110,000 Annually
A Cleveland, Ohio company is seeking a highly talented Piping Design Supervisor to work in the Cleveland, OH office. This position involves the supervision and design of 3D CAD based equipment and piping for the energy, food processing and chemical industry facility projects independently or in coordination with other designers, including those located in remote offices.
Position Description or Typical Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Chief Process Engineer, supervises a mid-sized group of personnel assigned to the project discipline design group and distributes work assignments to most effectively utilize staff and meet project-established schedules and budgets.
- Exhibits advanced knowledge of plant equipment and piping layouts.
- Exercises sound judgment in assessing problem situations or complex issues.
- Informs the Chief Process Engineer when problems arise and of outstanding personnel issues, manpower changes, schedules and unusual aspects of the work.
- Reviews completed work to ensure accuracy and compliance with codes and design data.
- Coordinates the efforts of the group with other discipline groups on the project, and where necessary, establishes a sign-off program for all outgoing drawings.
- Leads the development of manpower, man hour, and labor cost requirements for design staff to satisfy project requirements and can monitor the effect of these on the budget.
- Understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management and can review/advise on purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Understands the proposal process and can lead the preparation of proposals, as required.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the project change control process and the rationale, requirements, and importance of identifying potential changes.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of piping material lists and instructs others in their use and requirements.
- Trains and mentors assigned piping designers.
- Provides input on the performance of assigned personnel.
- Associates degree in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- 10 years plant design and piping experience for energy, food and chemical processing facilities, including 2 years in a supervisory capacity
- Proficient in production modeling using CADWorx
- Proficient with Plant3D
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- 15 years plant design and piping experience, including 3 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Previous field experience in support of construction, commissioning or operations
- PE license is preferred
- Stress analysis capabilities
- Must be able to travel to field project locations and traverse ladders, stairs and platforms with appropriate personnel protective equipment for field reconnaissance in support of design and construction.
This is a FEATURED JOB POSTED BY FROGGERJOBS.COM