Quality Engineer - Cleveland, OH
Apply Here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Engineer - Lead APQP activities on product launches and significant product changes. Lead manufacturing and engineering teams through problem solving to improve product line metrics.
- Member of Product Management Teams (Disk Brake division) for assigned product groups. Support Division product group teams (Cost Reduction, Product Improvement, etc..)
- Lead Quality metrics reporting & improvement activities (Customer PPM, FTF, TQIR, Supplier PPM). Act as voice of customer, plant & supplier
- Support Manufacturability Reviews
- Work with Launch teams to ensure timely completion of APQP activities and leading Advanced Product Safety Governance (APSG) tasks throughout the product development and commercialization process.
- Initiate Quality Scorecard and update throughout Product Life cycle
- Participation & completion of Gage R&R’s, capability studies, & analysis of new equipment, gages, & testers during new assembly line introduction.
- Facilitate completion of Customer PPAP and Bendix Internal Product Approval process.
- For complex non-routine issues, provide leadership in developing and implementing corrective actions. and special project teams.
- Quality experience in the automotive/truck industry with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or Tier 1 supplier is required.
- Working knowledge of TS16949 and ISO9001, and Advanced Product Quality Planning.
- Familiar with Design/Process Failure Modes Effects Analysis (D/PFMEA), control plans, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), statistical process control.
- Knowledge of statistical and six-sigma methodologies.
Solid experience in a technical field such as Quality Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
High level of energy, enthusiasm and optimism, as well as a sense of urgency and passion for excellence.
Capable of working in a Team environment with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Strong problem-solving skills.
Project planning and follow-up skills essential.
Ability to build strong customer relationships.
Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Black or Green Belt certified a plus.
Must be fluent in English
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Company-Paid Benefits:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
This is a FEATURED Job Post Sponsored by: Froggerjobs.com