Quality Engineer - Air Disc Brake - Cleveland, OH
Quality Engineer responsible for supporting the assigned product group (Disk Brakes). Lead APQP activities on product launches and significant product changes. Lead manufacturing and engineering teams through problem solving to improve product line metrics.
- Member of Product Management Teams (Disk Brake division) for assigned product groups. Support Division product group teams (Cost Reduction, Product Improvement, etc..)
- Lead Quality metrics reporting & improvement activities (Customer PPM, FTF, TQIR, Supplier PPM). Act as voice of customer, plant & supplier
- Support Manufacturability Reviews
- Work with Launch teams to ensure timely completion of APQP activities and leading Advanced Product Safety Governance (APSG) tasks throughout the product development and commercialization process.
- Initiate Quality Scorecard and update throughout Product Life cycle
- Participation & completion of Gage R&R’s, capability studies, & analysis of new equipment, gages, & testers during new assembly line introduction.
- Facilitate completion of Customer PPAP and Bendix Internal Product Approval process.
- For complex non-routine issues, provide leadership in developing and implementing corrective actions. and special project teams.
- Quality experience in the automotive/truck industry with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or Tier 1 supplier is required.
- Working knowledge of TS16949 and ISO9001, and Advanced Product Quality Planning.
- Familiar with Design/Process Failure Modes Effects Analysis (D/PFMEA), control plans, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), statistical process control.
- Knowledge of statistical and six-sigma methodologies.
Solid experience in a technical field such as Quality Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
High level of energy, enthusiasm and optimism, as well as a sense of urgency and passion for excellence.
Capable of working in a Team environment with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Strong problem-solving skills.
Project planning and follow-up skills essential.
Ability to build strong customer relationships.
Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Black or Green Belt certified a plus.
Must be fluent in English
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Company-Paid Benefits:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
This is a FEATURED Job Post Sponsored by: Froggerjobs.com