Quality Assurance Engineer
The Lincoln Electric Company • Cleveland, OH
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
JOB SUMMARY: The job consists of analyzing potential quality problems and leading cross-functional teams in developing permanent improvements. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with root cause analysis, will motivate others to solve problems, and will be able to communicate with others all levels of the organization.
- Coordinate various Root Cause Analysis and Improvement activities throughout the Cleveland operations, as well as teach others to do the same.
- Utilize Quality Management System tools, apply continuous improvement methodologies (6 Sigma, Lean), and motivate the appropriate divisional personnel to do the same.
- Define, troubleshoot, and assist in the resolution of daily production quality problems.
- Assist with the proper identification, disposition and cause of all non-conforming items.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate Quality Assurance personnel.
- Assist in the quality aspects of training for production personnel, and provide performance feedback to supervision.
- Facilitate the new product development process through an understanding of the new product stage gate process, and by meeting all Quality Assurance deliverables.
- Review and evaluate engineering product and process changes.
- Assist in leading the effort to perform thorough manufacturing and supplier audits.
- Operate with substantial latitude for unreviewed actions or decisions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering is required. (Master degree is preferred)
- Minimum of 5-10 years of engineering experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Management System tools, continuous improvement methodologies (6Sigma, Lean), and a solid understanding of manufacturing processes and methods.
- Ability to apply a combination of an in-depth knowledge of quality assurance tools, business procedures, part and process measurement techniques, and Statistical Process Control (SPC) to a wide variety of problems.
- Ability to supervise and train Quality Assurance personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, lead, and drive continuous improvement projects.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, Minitab, as well as production computer systems).
- Excellent organizational skills to handle a constantly changing set of priorities with minimal supervision.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
This is a FEATURED JOB POSTED by Froggerjobs.com