Hynes Industries • Painesville, OH
The Quality Engineer ensures products manufactured meet quality standards to maximize customer satisfaction while minimizing internal cost. This is accomplished through inspection of incoming materials, adherence to standard operating procedures and production processes, identifying and expediently resolving quality issues to minimize and eliminate impact to the customer.
Works in a team environment to develop and implement best practices that emphasize defect prevention, reduction in variation, waste, and provide for continuous improvements in meeting customer’s requirements as directed by the QC Manager. Manages customer specifications and offers technical support as needed.
Supports new product introductions, assists with FAI and PPAP requirements. Works with minimal supervision with guidance provided by the Plant Manager and QC Manager.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the manufacturing team to address all quality-related issues (e.g. internal, supplier, customer and customer warranty)
- Complete root cause analyses of product quality issues
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to quickly and efficiently resolve quality issues; apply permanent corrective actions without compromising quality and safety standards
- Ensure control plans are implemented effectively and associated documentation is maintained
- Write product test procedures
- Carry out product and process auditing
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) including scrap rates, rework levels, and parts per million (PPM) figures that reflect adherence to standards and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Assist with first-off sample approvals
- Develop and implement techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting
- Facilitate quality awareness training for plant personnel
- Undertake special projects as required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Manufacturing discipline desired. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment required; roll-forming or metal fabrication highly preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of quality systems and measurement; Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Knowledge of ISO9000
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to follow manufacturing processes
- Planning and prioritizing
- Critical evaluation
This is a FEATURED Job Posted By: Froggerjobs.com