Quality Engineer / Quality Assurance - QA, QC, Inspection - Cleveland / Lorain, OH
Apply Here Today! email@example.com
*** Similar positions are available in Cleveland, Akron, Canton, Youngstown and surrounding Ohio areas!
A a world-class producer of titanium aero ingots and mill products—and a leader in multi-material airframe subassemblies and advanced technologies and materials, such as 3D printing and titanium aluminides. Titanium is the world’s fastest-growing aerospace metal, and we’re taking it to greater heights with vertically integrated capabilities and deep materials science expertise. Our engineered products and solutions help build the world’s most advanced aircraft—and help protect our troops and power our world. An exciting place to launch and grow a career.
If you're a motivated, enthusiastic individual that wants to have a career with an industry leader, we want to hear from you!
The Quality Engineer, reporting directly to the Quality Manager, is responsible for Quality Planning as part of contract review, document control functions including externally provided and internally generated. Participate and lead Quality Assurance audits, monitoring functions within the plant and assists in the management of the quality management system to assure compliance with Company and regulatory policies, procedures and specifications. Develop and lead quality assurance improvement programs for continuous improvement. Manage the development and analysis of statistical data and specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy. Come be part of a team that produces the most highly sought-after titanium products in the world!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach and mentor quality assurance services and team members to support the needs of the manufacturing facilities within the business unit.
- Participate in the Internal Auditing Program designed to ensure compliance with established standards to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products.
- Lead the Quality Planning activity within contract review to ensure the business is able to comply with the customer purchase order requirements.
- Facilitate the Specification Management System including regular audits of the system.
- Assist in preparation for regulatory audits utilizing required tools. Complete audits as assigned, including internal, supplier, and corporate system audits.
- Develop, implement, and conduct training programs to increase Quality Assurance skills across AES.
- Facilitate and implement quality assurance improvement programs consisting of cross functional teams.
- Assist in the management of the Corrective/Preventative action system (QPulse).
- Lead Risk Assessment activities related to equipment, suppliers, customer requirements and processes.
- Recommend policies, procedures and standards to leverage best practices and standardized manufacturing processes across AES.
- Oversee Calibration program and ensure compliance with established standards. Participate in Risk Assessment activities related to equipment, suppliers and customer requirements, as well as supporting the facilitation of the Quarterly Management Review.
- Coordinate and Lead the Material Review Board meetings.
- Assist in preparation for regulatory audits utilizing required tools.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years of quality experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in the following disciplines preferred: Quality, Engineering, Material Science or Metallurgy.
- Lead auditor qualification.
- ISO9001:2015 (Quality Management System)
- AS9100 Rev.D (Quality Management System)
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Metals manufacturing preferred.
- Strong background and knowledge of applicable quality requirements, systems and process orientation.
- Knowledge and utilization of statistical analysis tools.
- Must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Strong problem solving, and analytical skills are essential for identifying and resolving problems and implementing corrective action.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and roles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills are required. The ability to effectively communicate to all audiences (i.e. peers, executives, customers, external auditors) is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Root Cause and Corrective Action analysis and suiting methodology.
- Working knowledge of SAP. Q-Pulse experience a plus.
- Ability to travel as job requires.
Quality, Quality Assurance, QA, Quality Contrl, QC, Root Cause Analysis, Statistical Analysis, SAP, Q-Pluse