Join an industry leader. Established in 1968, Miller Transfer is a legal and specialized flatbed carrier whose focus is transporting machinery and over-dimensional freight throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.
Miller Transfer is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as the Project Coordinator at our Corporate Headquarters in Rootstown, Ohio. This diverse and challenging position is part of our Heavy Haul operations team and will support the terminals across the country.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Obtaining permits for oversize and super loads.
- Scheduling private escorts, state police, and DOT escorts.
- Determining correct equipment for oversize loads and quote loads in accordance with state requirements.
- Comparing estimated versus executed plans and applying lessons learned for continuous improvement to drive growth.
- Managing expenses, approving invoices and resolving disputes.
- Evaluating and qualifying prospective partner carriers to ensure they meet the company’s qualifications and maintain file accuracy.
- Processing required documentation for Canadian border crossing.
- Updating various weekly and monthly operations reports.
- Visiting state DOT offices and attending industry conferences.
This individual should have the following education, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of transportation, specifically specialized, is highly recommended but we will train the right person.
- Highly motivated individual with diligent work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Independent thinker and problem solver who utilizes all available resources to resolve issues and exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain organized and accurate project records/files.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Experience in project management and CAD would be plus.
- Advanced knowledge of MS office with emphasis in Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree. A logistics, engineering, accounting, or business degree would be a plus.
Move your career forward on our team! In return, we offer an excellent working environment with a competitive salary, incentive program and benefits package, including 401k with company match and Flexible Spending Account. Miller Means More.
To learn more about our company visit our website at www.millertransfer.com
Job Type: Full-time