Fitter-Welder - Newton Falls, OH, USA
This position is responsible for layout, fit, and fabrication of metal components to assemble structural forms, using knowledge of welding technique, metallurgy, and engineering requirements. Includes experimental welders who analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan welding operations where procedural information is unavailable.Key Job Responsibilities
- Lays out, positions, aligns, fits components together and tack-welds to secure for welding.
- Uses proper MIG, flux core and bare wire welding equipment and procedures with the ability to weld to exact tolerances.
- Assemble fabricated metal products with excellent quality in an efficient and timely manner.
- Build welded assemblies for new products and changes to existing products per engineering documents and established production standards.
- Must be able to finish product with grinders, sanders and hand tools.
- Support the Quality department with respect to jig and fixture evaluation.
- Ability to read blueprints to ascertain correct welding instruction as specified.
- Safely move material using overhead crane & forklift.
- Cleans and maintains an orderly work area using the 5S procedure set up.
- Assist other individuals in area when needed.
- Communicates effectively with other workers to direct personal workflow.
- Attention to Details.
Education and Experience
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Welding and Fitting trade.
- Familiarity with the use of jigs and fixtures.
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in blueprint interpretation and tape measure reading.
- Ability to lift and manipulate 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled facility.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling of materials.
- May work in confined spaces and at heights exceeding 4 ft. off the ground with proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Close mental and visual attention required, coordinating manual dexterity with mental and visual attention for sustained periods of time.
Work Site Environment
- Covered roof area – temperature may not be climate controlled.
- Primary work environment subject to extreme heat or cold for considerable amounts of time. Must dress accordingly.
- Hearing protection shall be required in certain designated areas and during the performance of specific designated jobs due to noise levels greater than 80 decibels.
- Fall protection may be required.
- Intermittent exposure to vibration when using impact tools.
- Scaffolds, floors, ladders and walking surfaces may be uneven.