What you will do:
Under general supervision, conducts preventive maintenance, repair, installation, and commissioning and general servicing of HVAC Automation Systems (including detailed troubleshooting of systems). Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. Mentors mechanical technicians on building automation activities. Properly completes required project and service documentation.
1. Diagnoses and repairs complex electronic control system malfunction's requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
2. Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings.
3. Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or repairs. Promotes the sale of add-on work.
4. Manages assigned work to meet professional execution, of time and customer satisfaction. Reports problems or changes to management immediately. Interfaces with branch manager, service manager, service project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
5. Adheres to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards. Provides safety awareness on work sites.
6. May provide training to customers on electronic control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the customer for training needs as required. Mentors and trains mechanical workforce on building automation systems. Provides support to the mechanical staff on non-complex, non-critical equipment.
7. Compiles job documentation, such as certificate of completion, customer training forms, training certificates and punch lists.
8. Conducts extensive self-study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
QualificationsWhat we look for:
What else you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule, mobile device, laptop, company vehicle. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package that starts on day 1, which includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Job Field Operations
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions