- Responsible for the design and development in addition to the procurement of manufacturing test equipment for use in all stages of manufacturing from printed circuit board level to final inspection test.
- Interface with product design engineering, software engineering, and manufacturing engineering to develop and improve production test methodologies.
- Interface with Manufacturing Engineering Teams at Genie and Contract Manufacturing Locations
- Responsible for the planning, development, and attainment of cost estimates for manufacturing test equipment
- Design and development of various analog and digital interface circuits used in production test equipment.
- Responsible for the documentation of manufacturing test procedures and equipment used in production testing.
- Support pilot builds at manufacturing facilities
- Support production start at manufacturing facilities
- Program PLC’s, micro-controllers and touch screen displays
- Analyze, evaluate and correct problems found in new or existing test equipment at local and remote manufacturing facilities.
- Must be capable of interacting in a team environment and working with others to achieve the best possible end product from all functional viewpoints.
- Prepare yearly capital expenditure budget requirements for test equipment
- Interview departmental job candidates
- Special projects as required
- Able to work efficiently with limited supervision
- Experience in the design and development of manufacturing test equipment.
- PLC Control Experience (Omron Preferred)
- HMI Design Experience (ProFace Preferred)
- Experience with UART/Serial Communication
- Testing of Connected Products (Bluetooth and Wi-Fi)
- Microprocessor Production Programming Experience
- Experience working with Labview is desirable.
- Experience working with motor drives and motion control devices is desirable.
- Measurement Equipment Experience: Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, Programmable Power Supplies
- Industrial Measurement device experience: Load Cells and Load Meters, Encoders, Programmable Current and Voltage Meters
- The successful candidate should have strong mechanical skills in addition to their electronics knowledge.
- Should have knowledge of modern electronics manufacturing processes.
- Ability generate electrical schematics and wiring diagrams as required.
- Good organizational and documentation skills.
- Experience with the FMEA process
- Must have a good understanding of equipment calibration and tractability requirements.
- Must be able to lift 50 Lbs.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or BSEET