Maintains a primary role in planning, managing, and coordinating sourcing and supplier activities for assigned categories and is expected to accomplish established objectives with the highest ethical standards.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Develop global category strategies that identify preferred sources of supply, consolidate the global MABS supply base, minimize overall risk and cost, maximize value, and properly plan for and manage transition in supply.
- Plan for and negotiate effective long term agreements and pricing agreements including kanban , consignment, VMI, direct line feed, kitting, tooling, capacity commitments, pricing, rebates, annual performance goals, penalties, etc. with suppliers as required by sourcing strategies.
- Develop effective supplier relationship at appropriate levels to ensure long term partnerships with key suppliers.
- Drive appropriate supplier segmentation strategies to establish sourcing direction based upon strategy, performance and importance.
- Research new and improved sources of supply as appropriate to support sourcing activities.
- Work proactively with suppliers and MABS personnel to drive savings from supply chain activities including VA/VE and low cost country sourcing.
- Support resolution of significant supplier performance issues.
- Support and align with Meggitt PLC level sourcing activities.
- Proactively tap and secure supplier innovation in support of continued MABS product development.
- Support new product and program activities as required.
- Facilitate engineering changes and other projects to enable savings and/or sourcing flexibility.
- Participate in make versus buy process.
- Support continuous improvement activities across the entire supply chain development and implementation of appropriate measures of performance.
- Communicate effectively with other MABS teams and personnel.
- Ensure purchasing teams represents Meggitt at the highest level of ethical standards full abiding by company policies and procedures.
- Utilize and maintain purchasing systems in support of departmental goals.
Education : Bachelor's degree in Business or Technical field
Years Experience : Entry level to 2 years experience as a relevant Buyer is desirable
- Experience with low cost country sourcing and category strategy development in a global environment.
- Specific commodity expertise beneficial
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), with ability to drive tasks to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management tools