Control Systems Project Engineer
Location: Henderson, NV
Experience: 5-10 Years
Signing/Relocation Bonus Offered
Join a world class automation engineering firm! Thermo Systems seeks energetic team members who strive to succeed and make a difference in a fast-paced, hands-on, engineering environment. Our greatest asset is our team and we work hard to create a rewarding environment. Be part of something unique; excel and enjoy.
Who We Are:
Thermo Systems is a global, full-service control systems integration partner, providing world-class automation solutions within the District Energy, Life Sciences, Mission Critical, and Power Generation Markets. From our Headquarters in East Windsor, NJ and offices throughout the US, Thermo Systems deploys industrial automation projects throughout the US and abroad.
Our Current Need:
We are currently seeking a full-time field experienced Control Systems Project Engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience in the design and deployment of PLC/SCADA/Historian applications for the process control and energy sectors. This position will be based out of our Henderson, NV office.
This position can operate as the technical lead or team member on any given project. This position will commonly operate as a technical lead on a project. The successful candidate must be technically strong and hands-on with automation and controls.
What You’ll Do:
This detail-oriented position will be an integral part of our service group and project implementation team responsible for leading and coordinating the installation, start-up, and troubleshooting of PLC based control systems. Qualified candidates will also provide field service, repairs, and preventative maintenance procedures to industrial process control systems including controllers, networks and peripheral devices. In-town travel and overnight travel to project sites outside the Henderson area, including training and team collaboration functions at our East Windsor, NJ engineering headquarters, may be required. Supervisory responsibilities may be assigned as required.
What We Are Looking For:
- BS degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Construction or 4 equivalent years of experience.
- 2+ years working with and programming automated equipment including VFDs and other programmable controllers.
- Experience in programming of one or more of the following PLC platforms: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens.
- Hands-on experience with electrical panel, design, build and troubleshooting; including field installation of building automation systems equipment, instrumentation, and end devices.
- Experience in programming one or more of the following SCADA packages: RSFactoryTalk, Wonderware, Genesis Iconics, iFix.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical aptitude to understand and troubleshoot the machinery with which our control systems interface. Previous field engineering experience a plus.
- The ability to work independently as well as on a project team.
- Overnight and in-town travel required.
- Expertise in the RSLogix5000 environment.
- Experience in hardware and software design development for process and energy based applications.
- Experience in programming of one of more of the following Building Automation System (BAS) Human Machine Interface (HMI): Tridium, Honeywell, Siemens, JCI, Allerton, Automated Logic Controls.
- Experience with information technology infrastructure components as they relate to industrial automation systems.
- Experience working in Chilled Water Plants, Boiler Plants, Waste Water Plants, Power Generation and Distribution Plants, Pharmaceutical and Chemical Plants, Industrial HVAC Applications, or other types of Thermodynamic and Fluid Processing Facilities.
- Experience in using AutoCad to develop PLC/BAS control panel layouts and point-to-point wiring diagrams.
- Experience in third-party integration devices connected through Modbus, LON, Ethernet IP, Siemens P2, BACNET, or other communication protocols.
What you'll get:
- Signing/Relocation Bonus
- Competitive salary, annual bonuses, 401(k) with company match, and business travel reimbursement: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including low cost options.
- Training: We offer in-house and factory technical training to keep our staff sharp.
- Vacation / PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work. You don’t have to leave your jeans at home anymore!
Visit us at www.thermosystems.com to learn more!
Job Type: Full-time