- Abides by all safety rules
- Understands and uses the handling and safety procedures for all raw materials and finished goods.
- Ensures the use of appropriate proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Demonstrates and uses a complete understanding of chemical blending, including equipment function and proper use
- Uses knowledge of physical and chemical properties to operate safely and efficiently
- Operates mix tanks, agitators, and other pumps as directed by supervisor. Operates all
- instruments in production room
- Uses detailed procedures to manufacture safe and quality products. Weighs out quantities of raw materials and pours and/or pumps materials into vessels. Monitors and controls blending processes.
- Make adjustments to batches per laboratory instruction
- Troubleshoots processing problems and takes corrective action when possible. Seeks assistance when necessary
- Takes corrective actions when an alarm condition exists. Takes actions necessary in an emergency situation to help minimize danger to personnel and to the environment.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Position requires at least five years manufacturing or other relevant experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A strong mechanical aptitude is required
- Experience with DCS or PLC desired
- Must have willingness to work a continuous seven day schedule (rotating days off) on any three shifts and readily except overtime without restriction
- Must have a strong work ethic with a can-do attitude
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills and have computer literacy
- Must have a good safety approach to work
- Must be capable of learning equipment maintenance and have the flexibility to adapt to change
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs and capable of walking stairs and working both indoors and outdoors as needed
- Must be able to wear proper PPE including a respirator
- The ability to multitask and make decisions effectively are critical job competencies
- Excellent attendance and work ethic are desired