Grow with us
It’s all about personal growth through group collaboration. With over 25 patents, GED knows a thing or two about innovation. We want you to help us continue our tradition of making sizable impacts on how windows, doors, and insulating glass units are made, so that customers can fabricate the most energy-efficient, cost-effective, quality products to make every home, office, hospital or car the most comfortable and safest it can be.
To provide field service (installation, repair, maintenance) as needed on GED product lines to international and domestic customers. Provide training expertise as required and as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and commission new units and/or complex production lines at customer locations including:
- Set up of mechanical workings.
- Set up controls (electrical, electronic, PLC, and pneumatic).
- Perform technical after sales services at customer locations such as:
- Inspections, troubleshooting, and training.
- Recognize and recommend preventative and/or corrective maintenance.
- Installing upgrades and carrying out revisions.
- Maintain paperwork requirements such as timesheets, work orders and service reports; noting any follow-up or safety concerns needing to be addressed.
- Maintain customer relations, understand company service and equipment offerings, recognize customer needs and make recommendations to promote company revenue growth.
- Manage expenses.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Technology, or 5+ years equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- The ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Ability to be careful about detail and follow-thorough in completing work tasks.
- Ability to analyze information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Ability to be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Must be willing to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in controls, mechanics, and pneumatics desired.
- Experience with robotics would be preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in mechatronics and machinery maintenance desired.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Up to 90% travel throughout US and Canada.
- Valid Drivers’ License required.
- Ability to obtain passport required.
GED Integrated Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities and to treat applicants and employees in all interactions with the company without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, age, military status, veteran status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Decisions regarding recruitment, selection, development and advancement of employees are based on merit, qualifications, demonstrated skill and achievements.