Republic Steel is North America's leading supplier of Special Bar Quality steel bars, a highly engineered product used in axles, drive shafts, suspension rods and other critical components of automobiles, off-highway vehicles, and industrial equipment. Republic is headquartered in Canton, Ohio, and has steel manufacturing facilities in Canton; Lorain, Ohio; Massillon, Ohio; Solon, Ohio; Lackawanna, New York; and Hamilton, Ontario. Republic currently employs over 700 people in the United States and Canada. Republic offers a competitive salary, quarterly bonus opportunities, and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k (with a company match).
- Coordinates and prioritizes repair turns and projects working with the Maintenance Planner for the area and the CMMS program.
- Accountable for the direct supervision of Maintenance personnel to assure the achievement of departmental productivity, cost, quality and safety objectives.
Essential duties and responsibilities which must be performed in order to carry out the position purpose summarized above:
- Schedules, plans and implements daily Maintenance priorities using the CMMS system and working closely with maintenance planning and the production units. Assigns and monitors staff to assure on-time completion of all repairs and projects.
- Supervises staff: trains and assigns employees, updates the training data base; monitors performance and administers discipline.
- Authorizes overtime, enters and approves payroll information in the system and assure accuracy of payroll.
- Reviews previous turn activities and maintenance issues; takes appropriate corrective action, closes out work orders and PM inspections in the CMMS System as required.
- Implements safety policies and procedures; makes safety contacts and maintains safety records.
- Maintains work areas and supervises housekeeping activities.
- Assures conformance to quality standards.
- Troubleshoots Maintenance problems; identifies and implements corrective actions.
Specific knowledge, training or skills required to perform the duties of this position. Specific concepts, courses, training programs or required certifications:
- Knowledge and understanding of steel making processes.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of heavy industry electrical systems to include voltages to 138KV. EAF and LMF Furnace Transformers, Switch Gear and Power Transformers, High Voltage Power Transmissions, Control Systems and Arc Flash regulations.
- Basic Mechanical Maintenance skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Advanced computer skills: data management and retrieval; word processing; spreadsheets, email and internet; programming skills; PLC; software and hardware.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to relate to all types of people; demonstrated trust and integrity.
- Troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations.Very demanding position: long hours, standing, walking, stooping, and climbing; requires physical agility and dexterity.
- Ability to see, communicate, hear and utilize electronic communication devices.
- Stressful work environment.
- Plant working conditions: hazardous, dirty and subject to weather and temperature extremes.
- Serve on an on-call basis (24/7), responding to issues and concerns.3C. Previous experience that is necessarybackground to qualify for this position:
- Moderate level of Maintenance experience in steel or heavy industry.
- Management / Supervisory experience in a union environment with a focus on Electrical Maintenance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $105,000.00 /year
- Supervisor: 3 years (Required)
- Electrical Maintenance: 5 years (Required)