The goal of the Electricity & Automation team within Nestle USA is to drive the identification, development and industrialization of modern manufacturing technologies, provide technical assistance leading to people safety and assets efficiency, and support building people capabilities to enable our factories to produce affordable, high quality products using less natural resources.
The Process Control Engineering role at Nestle USA is a key position in driving the current and future Automation at our factories. As part of the Electricity and Automation team, we have to assess, plan and deliver, together with factories, a solid automation strategy for the US market. Our team also focuses on continuous improvement of our production lines to reduce losses and improve yield. The use of new technologies, like Advanced Process Control and Data Analytics, will enable this progress.
- You will assess and analyze current conditions in NUSA factories related to the automation area, bringing a systematic and sustainable plan to return all facilities to their basic conditions
- You will execute the improvement plan with the full participation of the E&A teams in the factories as well as other support teams like Quality, Industrial Performance and IT
- You will apply new standards working closely throughout the global Electricity and Automation network
- You will research, experiment and deliver the actual and future trends on Process Control and Advanced Process Control (APC), including new technologies like machine learning, data analytics, vision systems and robotics
- You will lead market networks in Process Control to provide regular training sessions for the regional E&A community
- You will support capital projects
- You will work with Process Engineers at Nestle USA and our related Product Technology Centers (R&D)
- You will interact regularly with Nestle USA's Electricity & Automation managers, project managers and engineers, production supervisors and managers, quality management teams, continuous improvement teams, suppliers, contractors, and the hourly workforce
- You will work with our Global Corporate Engineering team
- You will work to reduce factory losses (cost avoidance) improving the yield of production lines and reducing unplanned machine stoppages
Qualifications & requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, preferably electrical and/or automation engineering/technology or equivalent
- Willing to travel throughout the United States/Canada up to 50% of the time
- Strong communication and willing to work as a standout colleague
- Bring business insight in a technical environment
- Programming experience in software development context.
- Exposure to automated data collection, databases, visualization, quality and efficiency in manufacturing, SCADA, automated decision control
- Exposure to enterprise level large-scale applications
- Experience with SQL programming and databases
- Experience with IT environment or organization
- Experience to application integration to factory floor equipment
- Minimum 3 years industry experience in software development, programming, or engineering discipline
- Experience with one or more of the following systems – HMI, PLC, MES applications, advanced analytics, machine learning, vision systems, robotics
- Result driven
- Analytical skills in problem solving - ability to think objectively through various options and scenarios
- Strong conflict resolution and transversal leadership skills
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes
- Knowledge of food industry or other process driven industries
- Passionate about new technologies
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.