Fives ST Corp., a member of the Fives Group of companies (www.fivesgroup.com) and an international player in Process Engineering, Consultation and Process System Supply, has an immediate opening for a Purchasing Manager at our offices in Wadsworth, Ohio. The main mission of the Purchasing Manager will be to support other companies of Fives Group in sourcing of products from North America including fabrication equipment or commercial parts for the metal processing industry all over the world.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life, Short Term Disability, Long term Disability, AD&D, 401K, Holidays, Vacation, Sick Days, Tuition Reimbursement, Competitive Salary, & Comprehensive Benefits.
Requires a motivated, decisive individual with the ability to work within the constraints of scope, time and cost with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate can work well in a project team and can communicate technically with other team members. In addition, the following abilities are desired:
- Ability to take “ownership” of assignments and make critical decisions.
- Able to manage assignments and work in a fast-paced environment with aggressive schedules and deadlines.
- Able to work collaboratively with employees of all levels within the organization.
- The ability to work effectively in a team-based environment is a necessity.
- Capable of planning and coping with numerous channels of communication.
- Available to travel domestically and internationally.
- Professional interpersonal skills (oral & written communication skills) to build relationships. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands our core customers’ needs and speaks their language; develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
The role will consist of understanding and developing solutions for new and existing sites with reheat furnace and strip processing line problems or desired improvements. This would cover Level 1, Level 2, and interfacing to Level 3 systems in both the furnace areas and the rest of the production line.
Development and commissioning of thermal models and controls in automated steel furnaces and steel strip processing lines. As part of these duties, main tasks are:
- Ensure the management of projects with goals of on time and within budget
- Define and establish specifications with a particular care for communication between the various Level systems.
- Create functional analysis and functional descriptions for scopes of work
- Ensure the relationship with customers and partners
- Implement the Virtuo® applications at our customers’ industrial sites and train them.
- Review project status and take actions based on the results
- Provide feedback from experiences to be shared with the worldwide Process Control team.
- Provide technical customer support services
- Thermal and mechanical skills applied to process engineering are highly preferred.
- General engineering qualification, with significant experience in PLC and SCADA programming for industrial application.
- Able to develop layouts for industrial control and computer networks
- AutoCAD Electrical experience. EPLAN skills would be a bonus
- Familiar with PLC programming, database use (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL). Knowledge of C programming and Visual Studio environment
- Customer service is at the heart of your skills
- Combined 10+ years of project management and/or comparable management experience along with a verifiable record of results in both disciplines.
- ABET Accredited Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Thermal or Electrical)
Job LocationWadsworth, Ohio, United StatesDepartmentEngineeringPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular