The Field Services Engineer (FSE) will be responsible for the monitoring, routine maintenance/inspections, as well as customer PLC/Automation programming at customer sites. Some of these duties include:
- Emergency Service response and troubleshooting
- Coordinate and site-manage projects at customer sites
- Perform routine maintenance at customer sites
- Assist in commissioning of equipment: New and Used
- Documentation: including, but not limited to: Field Service Reports, Inspection Reports, Commissioning Reports.
- Understanding customer needs, and effectively communicating these needs to RHZ management.
- The ability to effectively communicate recommendations and requirements to the customer.
- Resolve on-site issues in a professional manner.
- Understanding control systems: plc programming and program troubleshooting, HMI applications (software and development), VFD setup and tuning, PID control loops, analog and digital controls of dampers, fans, pressure and temperature.
- An associate’s degree (or higher) in a technical field or five years of field experience strongly recommended
- Familiarity with the pollution abatement equipment from any of the following OEMs: Smith, Huntington, Salem, Engelhard, Dürr, Met-Pro, Duall, Adwest, CECO, Reeco, Eisenmann, Anguil, Gulf Coast, Ship & Shore, and Atea-WK.
- An understanding of customer processes: paint systems, ovens, dryers, coaters, preferred
- Solid understanding of electrical and mechanical troubleshooting.
- 1 year experience with pneumatic systems: operation, setup, and troubleshooting.
- 1 year experience with hydraulic systems: operation, setup, and troubleshooting
- 1 year experience with furnaces and/or burners: setup, tuning, and troubleshooting
- Understanding of pressure, airflow, and fan operation: delta p, use of pitot tubes, anemometers, critical speed, etc
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write job reports, and discuss problems and opportunities with RHZ management.
- Willing and able to travel to customer sites on a regular basis (up to 80%)
- Must be available weekends.
- Knowledge of PLC programming: RS Logix, Automation Direct, Mitsubishi
- Ability to read and understand electrical & engineering drawings
- Ability to read AutoCAD drawings
- Experience supervising crews
- Ability to generate punch-lists
- Experience with commissioning equipment
RHZ is a small company in the midst of expansion. Our patented technology is going to revolutionize the industry, and will be in high demand. Some of our clients are saving over $375,000 annually using our technology. You will have the opportunity to make an excellent income, and learn a niche set of skills that are highly valued.
We believe employees will work harder and be more loyal when they are appropriately compensated. We want our workplace to be comfortable and fun, while still getting our work accomplished in a professional and timely manner. In addition to profit sharing and various perks, all FSEs should be earning over $80k/year within the first four years of employment, assuming s/he has the required aptitude, dedication, and desire to perform this critical work at a consistently high level in a very demanding industry.
Pay range is wide, depending on experience. Hourly with overtime, lots of overtime available - $17 to $28/hr. expect at least 10 hrs a week in OT. (at 25/hr, that comes out to $71,500 per annum).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 to $30.00 /hour
- PLC Programming, HMI's, analog and digital controllers, etc.: 1 year (Preferred)
- Troubleshooting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)