Our client in Perry has an immediate need for a qualified Slitter/Cut-to-Length Operator for their very busy manufacturing facility. This is a Temp to Hire position, Pay is $16.00 Hour. This position is responsible for proper set up and operation of steel processing equipment and input data into computer system, running quality materials based on customers' specifications and adjusting as needed to ensure a good product.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain all aspects of product quality, including appearance of material, dimensional tolerance, weight, piece count, etc.
- Prepare inspection records and report production data
- Assist with handling quality issues
- Operate crane packaging equipment and all warehouse equipment in a safe manner
- Maintain a safe work environment by practicing good work habits and housekeeping procedures, and adhering to safety guidelines
- Wear all proper protective equipment as required in work and accordance with Safety Policy and OSHA standards. Items may include: safety glasses, safety shoes/boots, hearing protection, etc.
- 2 to 4 years of machine operation experience
- Ability to accurately use measurement equipment including calipers, tape measure, micrometers, etc.
- Attention to detail with the ability to follow processes, procedures and verbal instructions
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., stand for 8 hours a day and walk, sit, stand, bend, scoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Successfully complete a background check, drug screen and math abilities test
- Basic computer skills, such as data entry and retrieval
- Ability to communicate with management and co-workers, and ability to work well independently and on a team
Benefits of working with Express Employment Professionals
- Health Insurance
- Vacation pay
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401 K
- Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonuses
Please call or text 440-571-5185 to schedule and interview or stop by the office at 7326 Industrial Park Blvd, Mentor Ohio 44060