This is a key position working closely with all Distribution Center Leadership in developing/analyzing inventory location reporting and overall inventory accuracy. This position is also instrumental in the monitoring and controlling activities of Distribution Center inventories. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring completion of both daily and weekly auditing compliance including (but not limited to) cycle counts and transfer billing accuracy within the Distribution Center. Additionally, the position assists the Inventory Manager with leadership of the Inventory Management team and other inventory monitoring/research functions. The ideal candidate would have inventory control experience within a warehouse or distribution center utilizing a WMS system, demonstrate the ability to lead and develop team members, possess strong computer and analytical skills, have excellent communication and organization skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
Inventory Control and Accuracy
- Assists IM Manager and Distribution Center Leadership with overall control of the inventory throughout various locations in the distribution center. Oversees reconciliation processes for vendor receipts to accounts payable and outstanding transfers to various DC owned locations as needed.
- Maintains a competency and understanding of the inventory management system and provide training to staff members on its use and functionality. May represent department and Inventory Manager at various meetings.
- Ensures DC inventory reporting is accurate. Also compiles trend data and makes recommendations on enhancements that will improve inventory controls and accuracy.
- Develops and supplies ad hoc inventory related reporting as requested by IM Manager or DC Leadership.
- Serves as Inventory Management department Lead in overseeing a small team (currently 6 members) which performs various inventory functions (miscellaneous receipt entry, manual chargebacks, adjustments, cycle counts, etc). Motivates and supports team utilizing professional leadership skills.
Updates and supplies weekly IM dashboard which reflects the performance of the IM Team as well as physical inventory status over specified periods.
- Assists IM Manager in oversight of the annual Physical Inventory for the Distribution Center. After physical counts are entered and recorded, this person must help lead reconciliation and verification efforts within the designated time frame.
Misc Special Projects and Adhoc Reporting
- Manages select continuous improvement or special projects related to DC inventories as needed.
Performs additional duties and projects as assigned. Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.