- This position is responsible to assist the department supervisor to accomplish the tasks necessary to meet production, quality, safety standards and goals.
- Adheres to established production schedules, planning daily production and work flow.
- Monitors and addresses performance of team members and addresses production non-conformance. Advises supervisor of situation.
- Performs continuous on-the-job training for multiple skill levels of full-time and temporary associates.
- Performs routine maintenance as necessary and reports any mechanical or electrical problems to supervisor.
- Aids in the design of tooling and fixtures required to manufacture products made in the department.
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge of quality procedures for the department.
- Abides by and enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Trains, monitors and enforces safety procedures and policies.
- Identifies needed disciplinary action, reporting infractions to department supervisor, and assists in the coaching and disciplinary action process.
- Diagnose and correct job and product related quality problems.
- Demonstrates leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Other duties as required.
- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be a hands-on person capable of working in a fast-paced environment while having a high degree of attention to details.
- Must be willing to work additional hours when required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledgeable in general shop practices pertaining to set-ups of manual and automatic machines.
- Understand all inspection and quality control procedures and methods.
- Must be able to read in English and interpret blueprints.
- Must be able to use gauges and measuring instruments.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and walk. In addition to pushing and pulling of product, the position also may require prolonged periods of standing.
- The employee must be able to lift at least 50 lbs., but regularly lift and/or move at least 10lbs.
- The employee needs to work with little or no supervision and be a self-starter to achieve production goals.
- The noise level in the work area is normal for a factory environment.
- Follow all safety directives and work in a safe manner.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards around the work station.
- Achieve and maintain production rates as determined by supervision.
- Know, understand, and follow quality procedures.
- Accurately document your work as required by quality procedures.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School education with a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a lead/supervisory role, or Associates/technical degree with two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in manufacturing environment with preferred team leadership experience.
- Intermediate mathematics and computer skills required.
- Ability to lead by example and multitask.
- Standard shift hours – 1st shift (6am-2:30pm)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /year
- Leadership: 3 years (Required)
- manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)