1. To be responsible for the supervision of students in order to provide an
appropriate learning environment that is welcoming, friendly and helpful to all
2. To carry out counter duties in the Learning Centre, including the issue and
return of books and other learning materials, handling money for fines etc. and
maintaining an orderly book and journal collection. To deal with customer
enquiries, both personal and by telephone.
3. To provide first-line support to students in the Learning Centre/Hub on the use
of software applications available on the network. To liaise with IT Support as
necessary. To help promote the use of on-line and web-based services.
4. To help staff and students make best use of resources in the Learning Centre
to answer a wide variety of information enquiries, using both print-based and
5. To attend staff meetings when reasonably requested.
1. Actively promote and market the College and present a positive image of the
College and its activities both within and outside the College environment.
2. Ensure the quality standards and performance measures applying to the work
of the section are met and facilitate continuous improvements in all aspects
of the post.
3. Undergo any self-development and training as necessary for success in the
Carry out any duties at all times in accordance with the College’s policies
including Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety Policies.
5. Incorporate into the role the philosophy, values and behaviour stated in the
College Mission and Strategic plan.
6. Promote within the College a positive approach to security
7. Undertake any other responsibilities commensurate with the grade of the
post, which the Principal or their senior management representative may from
time to time require.