We are America’s oldest family owned dairy; producing traditionally made cheese and butter from pasture raised cows. Five generations strong, our family has used farm fresh milk, old fashion churns, and wholesome ingredients. Take yourself back to an era when lifestyles were simpler; slow down and enjoy our products with your family as we have done with ours since 1894.
The Butter Maker is responsible for supervising and delivering 84% Grade A butter in bulk and retail packages. The position reports to the Operations Manager in managing the production of butter, documentation, scheduling, and training programs. The person appointed will be expected to maintain and improve the safety and functionality of equipment within the department. Excellent communication and active listening skills are needed in order to be able to coordinate strategy with the rest of the management team.
This position could be scheduled on 1st shift or 2nd shift of the butter department.
Essential Job Functions
Butter Production Duties
- Oversee Inspection of equipment at Pre-op and Post-op
- Monitoring of PPE, GMP, and SOP’s
- Monitor washing procedures
- Chemical Testing
- Tear-down and Inspection
- Maintain a Butter Maker training program
- Actively engage with QA to review quality results
- Packaging inspection
- Product temperature logs
- Butter packaging monitoring
- Equipment cleaning logs
- Non-Conformity destination
- Verify proper skid labeling
- Monitor weight of products
- Monitor sell by dates
- Maintain clean processing areas
- Oversee process and sampling production
- Instruct and monitor time clock activity for your department
- Review nightly sanitation report for butter area
- Proven ability to deliver results
- In depth knowledge of butter processing equipment
- Understand the science behind buttermaking
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to articulate effectively; both verbal and in writing
- Highly personable, trustworthy
- Proficient in operating a computer and associated applications (MS Office)
- Possess the skill to develop and manage Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to motivate staff about the importance of sanitation and safety
- Ability to develop and explain detailed spreadsheets and present to staff
- Strong and successful management and communication skills
Required Experience and Education
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a lab environment
- Successful track record of delivering results This full-time position includes a comprehensive benefits plan, including health, dental, retirement and more.
Minerva Dairy Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal or applicable state law.
Job Type: Full-time