Complex HACCP Food Safety Manager - $70-85,000 plus 15% bonus - excellent benefits (see below) - relocation assistance provided
This is a great opportunity with a poultry company with over 3,000 employees. We are looking for an outstanding individual who finds genuine fulfillment by the successes in their work.
Job Description for the Food Safety Manager: The Complex HACCP Food Safety Manager provides leadership, direction, and execution of all plant food safety functions to support food safety goals and ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Ensures all products produced meet or exceed all customer, regulatory, and company requirements as they relate to food safety.
- Acts as plant authority on all food safety matters and work in conjunction with the Complex QA/FS Manager and staff to ensure product safety is always maintained.
- Collaborates cross-functional skills with QA Manger and assist QA Supervisors in decision-making when needed in the absence of the QA Manager.
- Performs other tasks as required by supervisor.
Minimum Requirements for the Food Safety Manager:
- BS Degree or higher in poultry, meat, or food science.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a HACCP, QA or food safety supervisory role.
- Must have or be willing to complete certification requirements as Certified Food Safety Manager or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Poultry food processing principles; understanding of management principles and team concepts.
- HACCP Certified with very strong HACCP and regulatory skills.
- General knowledge of plant functions – production, maintenance; warehouse; shipping, sanitation and GFSI concepts.
- Must be a team player and understand how to develop in-depth programs which are operationally functional while providing protection to the organization and consumers.
Benefit Highlights for the Complex Food Safety Manager:
Outstanding opportunities with a progressive and growing organization.
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Flexible Spending Plan (with debit card)
- Vacation & Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (Safe Harbor Match)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance (100% Company-paid)
- Voluntary Supplemental Life (incl. Dependents)
- Voluntary Accident Coverage
- Voluntary Critical Illness Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Scholarship Program
- 24-Hour Travel Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunity for career advancement.