Republic is North America's leading supplier of Special Bar Quality steel bars, a highly engineered product used in axles, drive shafts, suspension rods and other critical components of automobiles, off-highway vehicles, and industrial equipment. Republic is headquartered in Canton, Ohio, and has steel manufacturing facilities in Canton; Lorain, Ohio; Massillon, Ohio; Solon, Ohio; Lackawanna, New York; and Hamilton, Ontario. Republic currently employs over 700 people in the United States and Canada.
Republic is hiring supervisors in out Rolling Mill, Caster, and Meltshop
Duties May Include:
- Directly supervise hourly workforce
- Create schedules
- Supervise the melting process
- Supervise the refining process to assure correct chemistries and temperature.
- Supervise the degassing process to assure product quality and temperature control.
- Monitor caster speed; adjust to meeting processing needs and maximize production
- Monitor cast rolls, blooms, and bloom lengths.
- Coordinate with outside contractors as needed.
- Implement safety policies and procedures; make safety contacts and maintain safety records.
- Distribute safety equipment.
- Observe, report, and address any unsafe conditions or accidents. Complete accident reports.
- Supervise general housekeeping of area and equipment.
- Assure conformance to quality and environmental regulations.
- Environmental Significant Impact Training.
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts
- Should have at minimum 3 years of supervisor experience in a Steel Mill
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Steel Mill Supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)