NORTH AMERICAN COMPOSITES is a national distributor of composite raw materials. For over 30 years, we have served manufacturers in marine, cast polymer, corrosion, construction, consumer, and related composite industries. We provide national coverage with local service through our 27 distribution centers in the U.S. and Canada. Each of our locations serves local customers with fast and efficient deliveries of the
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Supervisor in our distribution facility located in Avon Lakes, Ohio.
- Major Responsibilities: *
- Build, develop, and lead a team of employees (including customer service representatives, truck drivers, and warehouse workers) into a highly-responsive group that meets the required standards. Ensure clear goals, objectives, and performance standards are established and communicate to each employee.
- Oversee the shipping and receiving of products. Determine and manage truck scheduling and routing using GPS. Arrange for all outbound freight and minimize freight costs. Negotiate freight rates in conjunction with the Purchasing Agent.
- Maintain material handling equipment (including forklifts and pallet jacks), tractors, and van trailers.
- Insure regulatory and safety training is presented before the required deadlines. Implement the Hazardous Security Plan and Emergency Response Plan, as appropriate, and serve as an Emergency Coordinator.
- Perform inventory cycle counts on a monthly basis and a total inventory count at the end of each year.
- Implement company operational and quality processes and procedures. Review and audit weekly time sheets and driver logs and submit them to the Division Office for processing. Review and audit expense reports and submit them to the Corporate Office for processing.
- Work with the Purchasing Agent, District Manager, and Sales Representatives to achieve and maintain a minimum turnover rate of 10 or higher each month and to minimize aged inventory.
- Address issues with the Accounts Payable Department as appropriate.
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- Be able to fill in as backup for Customer Service and the Warehouse.
- _ The Ideal Candidate Will Have: _*
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience
- Minimum 3 years in operations experience with:
- Managing a warehouse
- Inventory Management
- Managing customer service
- Managing truck drivers, routes, and LTL shipping
- Working with regulatory agencies and safety
- Strong computer skills with ERP or MRP experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and initiative to learn new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly
- Familiarity with a broad spectrum of manufacturing processes, preferably in the fiberglass composites industry.
- Creativity and initiative are also required to implement the basic duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Some travel is required.
Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefit Plan Options
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Benefits Plan
- 401K Plan that includes matching as well as profit sharing
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
Job Type: Full-time